Stimulate Chemicals? Do They Work

greg123

I went into a fishing shop today and had a look at those 'Stimulate with Ultra-Bite' products, such as the mix, liquids and sprays and wondered if anyone has tried them?

If so did it make a significant difference to your fishing and which one in particular did you use?

I wanted to make sure it wasn't some false claim before I bought it.

Cheers

Greg

We put it to our own test ,1st test was on yakkas 4 live bait 2 boats 3 meter apart i had bread in berly pot mate had bread with the sent mixed in ,I had the same amount of yakkas at the back of boat as he did and caught more then him,now if it was that good all the fish would of swam to his boat and i would of had none. 2nd test was in same boat using plastics 4 bream i used mine with no sent he sprayed his with sent same again i got more fish then him ,both had same lure and line class but thats my findings and wont buy sents as i think they are a waste of money but try for yourself .dirty water may make a difference when fish rely on there smell.

Hi mate ive tried the spray in two places, the ones i mainly fish that is.

In the parramatta river i use them on the soft plastics and hardbodies and they do work a treat, although i would put that down to the water clarity, without the scent the lure would never been seen by fish...

When i used them near the heads and out at longy way they didnt do anything at all to benefit my catch in clearer waters.

I think the bottom line with these products is that they do work, but are only effective in murky waters where scent plays a factor. So i guess it depends on where you fish and then make the decision whether you need it.

Cheers,

JB

I think the bottom line with these products is that they do work, but are only effective in murky waters where scent plays a factor. So i guess it depends on where you fish and then make the decision whether you need it.

Cheers,

JB

Agree that murky water they work. Inland fishing for yellowbelly with 3 others in a boat. I was using the spray and outfished the others significantly. Was spraying my bait of fresh shrimps.

I went into a fishing shop today and had a look at those 'Stimulate with Ultra-Bite' products, such as the mix, liquids and sprays and wondered if anyone has tried them?

If so did it make a significant difference to your fishing and which one in particular did you use?

I wanted to make sure it wasn't some false claim before I bought it.

Cheers

Greg

We have tried these products without any noticable improvement to the catch rate so will not be rushing out to purchase additional supply.

The product we have had sucess with is Prawn Scent , (available from most tackle stores ) especially when using the little jigs when catching Yakka.

On days when the Yakka are around but are very timid , spray the sent onto the 6 feather jigs & the catch rate goes from zero to two or three at a time.

The scent needs to be applied after 2 or 3 casts.

Have not used it on baits when bottom bashing but would be worth a try.

A bottle cost about $10.00 , depending where you purchase

Geoff

You can also use them on squid jigs. Only my last trip the jig with Ultrabite gel applied out fished the non scented jig 3 to 0. However the jigs were different brands and colours so it wasn't exactly a controlled experiment.

I find the Gulps catch more fish than the non scented soft plastics, so I have started applied scents to my non Gulp plastics. Wether it makes a difference or not is hard to prove but it does give me confidence to keep casting.

Edited by billfisher