Quiet Boat Ramp

locodave

Hi guys,

I live in the hills district and would like to get to a quiet boat ramp where I can practice launching the boat wihtout holding up the traffic :biggrin2:

Is the silverwater boat ramp quiet? Bobbin head is pretty busy, so is mooney mooney.

Anyone suggest a quiet boat ramp?

Silverwater is quiet,but you have to watch out for the river cats going into Homebush Bay as they make a huge wake and you can get into some serious trouble and the ramp is very shallow at low tide.

Chipping Norton Lakes is a good alternative and is usually pretty quiet,thats in the upper Georges River :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

If you want to travel all the way to georges hall there is a boat ramp on henry lawson drive near rabaul road thats is always very quiet even in the middle of summer. Though they do lock up the ramp after dark. Its on the georges River

Edited by tumra

Which is the one in Ermington? Is that wharf road?

Yeah wharf rd is the one at Ermo/Melrose park....this is plenty quiet enough mid week....real easy at low tide as floating pontoon ends up real close to ramp...as already stated watch for rivercats and a strong winter westerly will make things a bit more interesting as it will blow straight across the ramp.... westerly will hinder u at silverwater and putney as well...good luck.

• 4 years later...

Hi Guys, I was searching for quiet boat ramps also to do the what the OP wanted to do.

Have these options changed or pretty much still the same?

The situation has not changed much , Silverwater would be my choice & now has a jetty & pontoon but , as Swordie mentioned , watch out for the wake from the Rivercats which can also effect Ermington & Putney.

On weekdays , perhaps excluding school holiday times , most ramps are quiet.

Geoff

Silverwater used to be crap but as mentioned now has a pretty good pontoon & they have dredged around there so it's not as shallow, midweek anywhere is better than weekends but Silverwater is not very popular any time so not a bad option since they have fixed it up