Como Today

hookerbruce

Got away from work with about an hours daylight to have a fish.

Last friday afternoon managed to catch 6 blackies up to 35cm. Hoped there would be a few better fish up in the shallow water with the rising tide.

For once it paid off. First fish went 33 cm next was 35cm then a couple of throwbacks then all quiet. Next was a 30cm model which made 3 fish in the keeper which was all I could expect from a short trip.

Another ten drifts then a down which I missed. Baited up and did the same drift again, same spot the float went half way down then very very slowly continued down below the surface. One of those downs that just

look like the lines dragging bottom. Struck any just to set the hook, just in case. Whamo on to what I thought

was a reasonable fish, it went to fast for a big one.

I was very surprised to see the size of it when it surfaced, it looked enormous maybe its a while since I caught a decent blackie. It gave me some anxious moments on the four pound outfit around lots of structure before I managed to lead it into the net.

It wasn't that big in the end just a good fish for georges river 41cm and tipped the scales at 1kg on the dot.

Now with pic

post-256-1250596774_thumb.jpg

It was hard enough for an old fisherman like me to get a photo on the report I'm not going to try and get it up the right way.

Ill chase the blackfish again on thurs then down south from Port Hacking to chase flathead on friday.

Got to get out on the water to catch fish.

Hi

The site administrators or someone is a magician the photo is now up the right way.

Follow up reports

Went back to Como yesterday and lost what appearred to be a bigger fish at the net, but no other fish.

Went down again this morning and managed a 35cm and 38 cm fish, 2 fish from 3 bites.

Tomorrow heading down south off the National park chasing flathead and other fish bottom bouncing.

Hopefully I'll have a big report for tomorrow night.

Keep on hooking ............Bruce

Hiya all,

I'm a fishing newbie but have been avidly following the news and such in this forum for some time now. Thought I'd start my first post and join you happy bunch :yahoo:

Started fishing only just a couple of months ago, and I'm hooked onto it! Was excited to hear Bruce catching some nice fish at Como! I live somewhat nearby and would love to give it a go (especially blackfishing as I've heard fun stories about it!). Did you do your fishing there land-based? Also, are fish caught at Como edible??

Whereabouts in Como is good for fishing? Unfortunately I'm only limited to land-based fishing (no boat) and have limited means of transport (currently no car).. :(

Would appreciate some kind directions so that I can wet my line and hopefully catch something! :1prop:

Cheers,

fishy

Hiya all,

I'm a fishing newbie but have been avidly following the news and such in this forum for some time now. Thought I'd start my first post and join you happy bunch :yahoo:

Started fishing only just a couple of months ago, and I'm hooked onto it! Was excited to hear Bruce catching some nice fish at Como! I live somewhat nearby and would love to give it a go (especially blackfishing as I've heard fun stories about it!). Did you do your fishing there land-based? Also, are fish caught at Como edible??

Whereabouts in Como is good for fishing? Unfortunately I'm only limited to land-based fishing (no boat) and have limited means of transport (currently no car).. :(

Would appreciate some kind directions so that I can wet my line and hopefully catch something! :1prop:

Cheers,

fishy

Have sent you a message with a few details

bruce