New Member Saying Hi To All

jewie hunter

:yahoo:

Hi All,

I am a new member and have a few great jewie stories of my own to share with everybody.I got an old 4.5mtr tri hull and had done some work to the old girl over last winter and went out these last few months with some of the most rewarding jew fishing in years.

I went out on the first friday night of march 05 and got my first jew on my boat which was around 10kg it was the best.Then 451 and I set out again the next friday in a new location as the times were right and we new the jew would be around,we also took Vinni with as I think his a guru we got our second jew in as many trips as well a 5pound Lizard and P&P.

I was on clound 9 after 2 Jews in 2 trips and just had to go again with the wife not to happy to see me going out again I call 451 and out we went . This was Sat night after the jew with Vinni on friday and the bay was a bit choppy so we went for cover into port hacking and to a spot we tried once before not for long but there was something big there and this was a good night for it and we ended up with another Jew within a week that was 3 Jewies in three trips and in three different locations and to this day I still can't image it happening again.

We also lost a couple of big ones there and I wanted to share this with you all as it was just great to see my favorite fish come into the boat.I was not able to get out onto the water since but will be there this weekend .

Regards Tommy JEWIE HUNTER

:1welcomeani: Jewie Hunter.

Nice intro into the Fishraider boards mate. You will find there are many keen jewie anglers on the site who will be eager to pick your brains on the techniques that you find successful.

I expect a few will also be keen to know where exactly you are getting them!! :thumbup::thumbup:

:1welcomeani:  Jewie Hunter.

Nice intro into the Fishraider boards mate. You will find there are many keen jewie anglers on the site who will be eager to pick your brains on the techniques that you find successful.

I expect a few will also be keen to know where exactly you are getting them!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:

39620[/snapback]

Thanks Byron it was great fun and hope they hang around a little longer .

Once you find the pic on your computer you'll need to select "Add this attachment" Details of the image should appear under this with 2 buttons displayed Remove & Add into Post. If you select add into post this will include it in the post your making see pic below. Sometimes you'll need to ensure the cursor is at the correct insertion point.

Hope this helps and  :1welcomeani:  to Fishraider  :thumbup:

post-3-1112226517_thumb.jpg

39635[/snapback]

Thanks JD i like the photo mate and I see we have a lot in common and age,talk to you soon as I need to leave for work.

:1welcomeani: Jewie Hunter...

With a handle like that i will sure want to be picking your brains for some info on the big ones.

BTW... What or Who is "451"

LW

39643[/snapback]

Hi Lightweight

451 is my mate that is part of his radio call sign and it sort of stuck with him.I'm going out on Sat night and hope to land some good jews part need to get some fresh squid as for the first time in a while they are in small numbers and the rain is not helping at all.

Regards Tommy Jewie Hunter

Hi Jewie Hunter :1welcomeani:

I'm keen to see the pics of those beauties, also keen to know where abouts in port you were

39646[/snapback]

Hi Rob,

Maybe you can help as I'm new to this and not having much luck with downloading the pics and how do you get your info and pic on the left side of the message?

:1welcomeani:  Jewie Hunter... I am still yet to catch a jewy, but now I have a boat I can borrow at will, I will be hitting the rip bridge and brissy water more often... so might pick ya brain soon for some tips :1clap:

39697[/snapback]

Thats great about the boat and let me know as I will help you as much as I can,The most important thing is your bait it must be fresh and try and catch live bait on the same day and if you can catch squid put it in the frige in a plastic bag on top of some ice as not to totally freeze it.

:1welcomeani:  Jewie Hunter,

I'm still yet to catch a jew aswell, Have tried a few times with mates on sp's and got the old they were here last night thing!!! Keen to see some pics though :thumbup:

39712[/snapback]

Hi Evan,

I'm from Sans Souci and catch my squid at cronulla,as for the pics I'm trying but every time i upload the pic there is no other steps like i see in the example sent to me. There is no ADD INTO POST ?

can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong

Tommy,

email me the pics and i will post and resize for you if necessary.

Another tip worth remembering is never to put your squid on ice. either store in salt water in zip lock bags or as tommy(jewie hunter) already said, keep off the ice in a bag as the chlorine in our water supply can taint the squid.

changa

Hi Evan,

I'm from Sans Souci and catch my squid at cronulla,as for the pics I'm trying but every time i upload the pic there is no other steps like i see in the example sent to me. There is no ADD INTO POST ?

39713[/snapback]

post-610-1112253355_thumb.jpg

Hi Evan,

39713[/snapback]

just cheaking because also new to this...

All i did was hit browse find the photo on desk top and double click on it then hit add this attachment...

Tommy,

email me the pics and i will post and resize for you if necessary.

Another tip worth remembering is never to put your squid on ice. either store in salt water in zip lock bags or as tommy(jewie hunter) already said, keep off the ice in a bag as the chlorine in our water supply can taint the squid.

changa

39717[/snapback]

Hi Changa,

I just sent you an email but I don't think thats going to work?send me your email ad direct .

hi jewie hunter,

i used to work at yowie bay marina about ten years ago, i had a ten foot fibreglass rowing boat then and i used to row out to a special spot of a night and would be guaranteed at least one jewy every night no matter what time iof year and when they were really on would bag 5-10 in a night.

all the fishos wanted to know where i went, obviously i kept it a big secret but gave it the name (green doors), i am wondering if this is still spoken about down there as i have moved to the central coast 7 years ago.

hi jewie hunter,

i used to work at yowie bay marina about ten years ago, i had a ten foot fibreglass rowing boat then and i used to row out to a special spot of a night and would be guaranteed at least one jewy every night no matter what time iof year and when they were really on would bag 5-10 in a night.

all the fishos wanted to know where i went, obviously i kept it a big secret but gave it the name (green doors), i am wondering if this is still spoken about down there as i have moved to the central coast 7 years ago.

40063[/snapback]

Hi Tim,

Without saying to much I know were it is. Is there cables there without giving it away?

:1welcomeani: aboard hey jewy tim do u get many jew inside brizzy waters or any of the esturaies much. Im keen to crack one on plastics ive tried a fair few times but no luck yet. Anyhelp much appreciated Cheers Tyrone :thumbup: