Burning Palms

blue marlin

Nice photos nudge. :thumbup: It sure is a pretty spot.

I'd like to throw a line into that gutter just off the edge of the sandbar, especially at high tide.

However, when I first saw this post and its title "Burning Palms", this is what I first thought of ...

post-4381-1251421314_thumb.jpg

:074:

Cheers

Peter

Nice photos Nudge and as Peter said that gutter alongide the sandbar looks like it would fish very well at night I reckon.... have you been spending a weekend or two down there having a fish have you Graham?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

How good is that gutter!! That would have to hold fish for sure.

Hey Nudge

How long a walk is it from the top car par at garie to Burning Palms?

From memory you can camp down there. With summer coming up that would be a top spot for a camp and fish.

We use to camp at Garie beach a while back and fish the Nth end rock ledge - you get some great fish there

gav

Nice photos Nudge and as Peter said that gutter alongide the sandbar looks like it would fish very well at night I reckon.... have you been spending a weekend or two down there having a fish have you Graham?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Heading down this weekend and again for farthers day weekend. My brothers have been down there and only managed bream and a heap of small flatties.

How good is that gutter!! That would have to hold fish for sure.

Hey Nudge

How long a walk is it from the top car par at garie to Burning Palms?

From memory you can camp down there. With summer coming up that would be a top spot for a camp and fish.

We use to camp at Garie beach a while back and fish the Nth end rock ledge - you get some great fish there

gav

The walk from Garie is around 4 km there is a car park at the top of the hill which is only 2.5 km to the beach and they stopped camping down there around 10 years ago.

• 1 month later...

iv fished burning palms a few times.its one heck of a hike.goin down is ok,but goin back up the steep cliffs & through the bush is a killer,for me anyway.but there are some good fish to be caught there.never fished the beach but we work along the rocks for some good results.i call it burning thighs rather than burning palms.

:beersmile: cheers johnny.