A Pleasant Day

anthony f

I have had 2 good fishes out of three in the last few days. The first was a bass fish at short notice which ran hot for a period with 8 fish between 35-45 cms but then a front moved through just before dark and all went quiet. Then yesterday was the none fish/fish where I got to where I was going and was stung by a bee. This would of been ok except I am allergic to them and had to depart a top day with-out hardly a cast and the tide was just about to turn. Today was a little on the breezy side so I fished a spot I knew would be nice.

post-8047-1252484453_thumb.jpg

I worked the area fairly hard. Mainly using a rio prawn I ended up with 12 fish, bringing home half for a feed or two.

post-8047-1252484710_thumb.jpg

Oh well it back to work tomorrow.

Edited by TDH

That,s is on the clarence and you don,t have to go to far in most directions to find a nice spot or different type of fish, from rock, beach, estuary, or fresh. Jenno, yes those older rio's still work and with my lure fishing I try and try being the operative word not to get caught up in the latest craze lure thing. Seeing a prawn jumping out of the water onto a rock to safety made my choice easy. I probably could of used one of the smaller prawn style lures or plastic and caught a few bream as well but flathead where the target. Flathead cracking the meter would be nice as 98.5 my best and a meter has been a goal for a long while and seeing a couple of large fish I have spooked lately it is coming into that time of year where that is quiet possible.