Mondurans' Magical Meters

Jewhunter

Can't believe I missed your post mate. That's an incredible fish and a top result for really putting in all the effort. With the amount of work you've been doing lately I'm glad you really got a memorable trip. That fish is an absolute PIG and I want one too! :1fishing1:

Absolutely amazing stuff :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers, Slinky

Well done, Grant on such a terrific Barra!! You really do deserve it! :1yikes::1yikes: just goes to show you have to cast right until the last moment ..... & beyond!!! :biggrin2:

I was with Slinky when he took the call that you were going to have to miss out on the Awoonga part of the trip (with cabins & all ......) so all the more to you for getting the beastie at Monduran, out of a tent!

I've been chasing the vodaphone link for the last 2 weeks & it wouldn't show it to me!! Aaaaaghhhh! Finally, I found the fish!! YAAAAAY!!!

WHAT A RIPPER!!!! BEAUTIFUL BARRA!! Bring on next year!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Will have to catch up with Max to get his version of the story! :thumbup::yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

post-10942-1255591265_thumb.jpg

Well done getting your personal best Barramundi in the last few minutes, Grant... :thumbup: Having a chance of catching top fish like that certainly made the trip up there well worthwhile for your Sydney friends.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well I was glad you hooked that Beast in the few remaining secounds we had ,and not me after you cracked your 4th beer . Had a ball mate , just like when we went to Weipa , can't wait for the next adventure and it really made my day to see you join the club Congrats mate , your a Champion .

P.s Here is the fish from Awoonga, Bubba

post-10942-1255591265_thumb.jpg

Well I was glad you hooked that Beast in the few remaining secounds we had ,and not me after you cracked your 4th beer . Had a ball mate , just like when we went to Weipa , can't wait for the next adventure and it really made my day to see you join the club Congrats mate , your a Champion .

P.s Here is the fish from Awoonga, Bubba

:1welcomeani: to the site Dan. Great to see you finally make a post!! :thumbup:

The big Bubba with a bloody big Barra!!!! You deserved that fish after all your efforts in the past mate.

Thanks for making me want to join the 115cm club :1yikes: ! I can feel a new boat coming on. :smoke:

Thanks also for all your help on rigging & techniques for a 1st time big barra dam fisher. I won't mention that I caught my fish on the outfit I borrowed from you & just how lucky you are that you still have that Millerod/Curado combo! :074:

I'm looking forward to some more pics & reports from your recent exploits mate. From what you showed me on your camera they are well worth sharing. :biggrin2: Sitdownfranny!!!

Cheers,

Grant.

Congratulations on your catch, Im going to monduran and awoonga next friday for two weeks with 10 mates and 5 boats. i hope i join the metre club two as this will be my first time barra fishing. look for my post in 3 weeks !!!!

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: Welcome to FIshraider, Dan! Congratulations on your monster Barra too!! Spoke with Max yesterday & he reckons you guys got about 11 all ulp - pretty good!!

Everyone will be buying those hollowbellys now ...... and add the extra bling! :D

Look forward to spotting you on the lake again some time in the future! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

Holy sh*t Grunter!!!! :1yikes:

Thats a bloody horse of a fish mate. Great to see your hard efforts rewarded!

A few beers and then hit pay dirt.... Coincidence? I think not!

Its amazing what paying homage to the gods can do..... :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

...and hats off to Bubba and Mick on some awesome captures.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: Welcome to FIshraider, Dan! Congratulations on your monster Barra too!! Spoke with Max yesterday & he reckons you guys got about 11 all ulp - pretty good!!

Everyone will be buying those hollowbellys now ...... and add the extra bling! :D

Look forward to spotting you on the lake again some time in the future! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

You will see me up there for x-mas holidays about the 23rd dec to the 11th . You should come for a spin with me on my new boat , I don't have it yet but im supposed to be picking up a skeeter ZX170 with a 115HO mid december , we could hit some of those summer whiting on the surface lures and a few bream. Like last year i will probably spend a bit of time up the wallingat as well . Let me know if your keen .

Dan Bubba Frost

Woohoo!!! More than keen would be the word, I reckon! That would be fantastic, Dan! I would love to get out & fish with you!

You won't have to ask me twice!! I will pm you my contact numbers! That was so much fun last year, chasing those whiting with you near by! I've been practising my top water action since, too! Been playing with 1lb crystal on one rod & having lots of fun too!

Cheerio

Roberta