Georges Blackfish

hookerbruce

The blackies have been pretty good in the georges this year but seemed to go quite

last week. I'd been getting between 3 & 6 a trip after work but last week only managed 1

keeper a trip.

Yesterday I managed 6 with the best going 38cm. My son managed 3 in 20 mins just on dark, he works later than me.There were a lot of small fish in between the keepers. So heres hoping the better fish stay around.

There was an old bloke there with heavy fibreglass rod, centre pin reel and heavy float/line etc, he gave me a lesson in catching blackies. Just when I thouht I had them sorted out.

He got 10, but then he was on MY ROCK.

Didn't worry about a net just swing them up. Although he did a drop a fish well over 40cm and a few others.

Son fished Port Hacking sat morning for three good bream the best going 39 cm 1.1 kg.

He was fishing unweighted nippers on 1kg line. The water in port is about the clearest I've seen it,

with plenty of trevally and blackfish visible along the edge of the weed beds. Need to fish light and either early morning or dusk.

The blackfish reports are a little quite are people waiting to report the big catches or just being secretive.