Reel For My New Rod

BTK

Hey all, i havent posted in a while, went to America for 6.5 weeks and just been working ever since i got back, no fishing yet :(

But i went out and brought a new beach rod on the weekend,.

Uglystick Platinum

USP-GB1202MH

12' Med/Heavy

Line Rating 8 - 12KG

but now ive got the rod i need to match it to a reel, but i havent look around in a long time so i do not know my options, i want about a 25lb braid on it i think, its more of an all rounder, so for throwing pilchads for tailor sometimes or going for something bigger off the beach others, so small jewies and things of the sort. I am looking to spend about 150 to 200 on the reel not including the braid. Any suggestions would be great.

Originally i wanted an overhead beach rod with an Abu 7000 on it but i do not think using the rod upside down would be a good idea? i think id be better off with an egg beater.

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Cory

I got the same rod and i'm using an Abu Garcia, Soron STX70 with 30lb braid on it, no problems so far.

Cheers,

Leo

that looks like a good reel mate, i have an Abu Cardinal that i recently broke and i sent it away and within a week they sent it back fully fixed and working better then ever, thats the best service ive had experience with in fishing tackle, so Abu gets alot of points in my books.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

I dont think u can go wrong with the Soron. Very Very good value for money. Very smooth drag and even the rotation of the reel feels effortless. I got my cousin to by one of the cardinals thats been replaced by the soron and when he caught a stripey on the bream gear the drag just performed so smooth so my other mate bought one the next day.

Hey mate, Check out the okuma range for that price they have some good reels on offer escpeccialy the eclipze. Or a penn spinfisher 850ssm would be great. Check out blah blah poop they have some old model Shimano spheros going out for 200 bucks or so and they are workhorses.

Cameron

thanks alot for the advice everyone, in the end i decided to go a little lighter and go for a shimano Baitrunner 4500B with 20Lb braid on it, in the end it was a toss up between the Soron and the baitrunner but i decided towards the baitrunner.

Thanks again everyone