Couple Of Hours On The Blackies

gregr2

Hi all,

Went out today chasing blackies at my favorite spot. After quite a few outings recently, bring home only ones and twos, today they were thick. You know its good when you dont even have time to have a cigarette :wacko:

From the first cast there was action, weed only just had time to reach depth and I was on. Non stop action, dropped a lot and got busted off three times by some big ""mamas" that I couldn't land an 6lb gear. Lost one to a huge Kingy that smashed my fish right in close to the rocks :1yikes:

No real size to speak of, all fish 30-37cm...managed to take home seven, could have been more, but so much time was spent re rigging :mad3:

All in all they are on!!!

Some details

Place Botany bay

Date 28/9/09

Time 1100-1300

Tide run in

wind 250/15-20 kts

Temp 19 deg

Barometer 1006

Humidity 30%

Moon waxing one week off full

Water temp too cold to go in!

post-5408-1254118708_thumb.jpg

Yes was a nice sheltered spot, I have not had much success in choppy water. Has anyone got any theories on how waves come choppy water affect bait movement under the float and does it freak the fish?

Edited by moonset

Maybe a lot of it is physiological.

Its really nice to see the float go down in nice mirror water. For me, generally after a period of time fishing, the wind comes up and it becomes uncomfortable to cast and gets cold, time to pack it in. But I have noticed that they seem to "go off the bite" when it gets rough.. :( ????

Well done Moonset on some terrific fishing! How exciting was that?? Snookered by a kingie!!

I am just back from a 4 week camping trip up to Qld & Back & am chaffing at the bit to get back to blackies!!

Cheerio

Roberta