Pittwater

adjustedpete

After my success yesterday I just had to go out again and see if it was a fluke. Checked out the weather and it said that it wasn't going to be very good. Looked out the window( I look over pittwater) and decided that the weather man was off the mark. Headed out at 830am, except I thought it was 730am. Cruised straight to spot that shall remain nameless and toss out the trusty ole spike under the float trick, and kept in close to the rocks and flicked a jig. when your hot, your hot!!! 10 minutes later I scored 1 of these little beauties and 2 casts later the other. 38 and 37cm hood. I was actually hoping to catch something a little smaller for kingie bait. But you can't have everything. I checked out the front of barrenjoey but the swell was a bit much for my tinnie, so decided to get a couple of yakkas and head back into pittwater. Stopped in at careel bay for a drift with a yakka on my kingie rig and picked up this sambo. Not much fun on 30lb braid and 60lb leader, but a fish never the less. All in all another good day. Now to get home and watch the storm carve it up............ :yahoo::yahoo:

post-2999-1254631943_thumb.jpg

how u goin mate.great work once again.wat rod & reel combo is that in your pics?looks the goods & sure seems to be doin the job for you lately.keep up the good work mate

:beersmile: cheers champ,johnny :1fishing1:

The rod is an Abu Garcia 1 piece spin rod with a Daiwa sweepfire 4000 reel. Im running 16lb mono on it but intend to drop that to 12lb braid so I can cast further. The reel is a bit of overkill for the rod but I mean to catch rat kingies on it this summer and I want it to stand up to the punishment. :thumbup: