Backyard Jack!

Jewhunter

Congrats to my neighbour, fishing buddy & fellow Raider browndog2.

Greg was testing out how his new outfit casts with a 7' nilsmaster from the backyard when on his 2nd cast his lure got hammered at his feet & he wrestled out this 42cm Jack.

We had always thought there might be decent jacks off here along our rockwalls but have only managed to catch small ones.

Greg has caught plenty of jacks in his time but this was his 1st on a lure. He also informed me that the competition for the biggest jack from the backyard started & ended with that cast! :074:

Well done mate. :yahoo:

Cheers,

Grant.

You're bloody spoilt Grant. First it was table-sized flathead, and now it's tasty jacks! :yahoo: I have a sneaking suspicion there will be a lot more 7' lures being cast out the back soon, in search of a jack that is at least 43 cm ...... go get 'em mate :biggrin2: Great fish browndog2!

Cheers

Skip

That's a ripper of a Jack Grant - must have given your neighbor absolute hell (what a great way to break in a new rig - texalium livefibre?).

By the way I've been doing some home DNA testing and have discovered that I'm actually a long lost love-child of yours. So good news - I'm coming home to live in the family homestead for the next couple of years.

No need to make up the spare room as I will be camping down the end of the back yard by the river.

That's a ripper of a Jack Grant - must have given your neighbor absolute hell (what a great way to break in a new rig - texalium livefibre?).

By the way I've been doing some home DNA testing and have discovered that I'm actually a long lost love-child of yours. So good news - I'm coming home to live in the family homestead for the next couple of years.

No need to make up the spare room as I will be camping down the end of the back yard by the river.

:Funny-Post::074:

Yes mate, it is his new live fibre. He could probably only manage 2 casts with the new whopping big bloody 6500 baitrunner on it!!!

Cheers,

Grant.

That's a nice Mangrove Jack to catch so close to home ay Grant.... Looks like that neighbour of yours, Browndog2 would be very handy around the boat for the times you need to be assisted by a high speed gunnel running gaff man.... :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Congrats on a great fish Browndog... trying to get Grant to give me any tips on catching Jacks in the Tweed is like getting blood from a stone. Next time I drop in to see him, I'm coming next door with some of my GPS marks to trade for Jack secrets :1prop:

Cheers, Slinky