Pittwater

adjustedpete

Went out yesterday morning EARLY.......message to myself, gotta stop getting so juiced up before an early start. Took out a friend that hasn't been fishing in a boat before.I was thinking that I will take it easy and putt around doing a bit of bottom bashing, perhaps fish the high tide in patonga creek and have lunch at the pub (hair of the dog) and be home by 1. Headed out and the easterly wind was whipping up a fair bit of chop. There wasn't going to be many places to hide so I just sucked it up and went for the headland. The front wasn't tooo bad so we did a few drifts directly off the front and scored a couple of pinkies, but that was it. Then I came in close to the rocks and dropped a livie out while I kept my mate going with a couple of light rods out. The berley trail wasn't doing so well due to a fast drift I even had my sea anchor out . I managed a squid that went for my livie and I jagged it with the stinger and my mate thought that was my skillful fishing prowess :074::074: . The wind really got up then and I said lets pull the pin(really not feeling well now) and started to head back. On the way I noticed 4 terns about 200 mtrs away toward box head diving into the water and decided that perhaps it was worth investigating, I couldn't see anything on the water due to the wind but when I got there it was mayhem, squid ink everywhere and a big school of bait fish. i didnt know what to do for a minute, then deciced that if there was ink in the water then they were not the only predator there. Out with the ole trusty abu and a slice, still rigged from the other day. Cast out and on the retrieve.......Bingo Im on. Shit this aint no midget i have on. I work it to the boat and get colour, Its a bonito about 36cm, that was hard work, so I gave the abu to my mate and said "have some fun". I pulled out my kingie rod and whacked a slice on that and procedded to skull drag about 12 of them in before they took off. My mate got 3 but he had to work hard for his fish... :074: We kept one(the wife loves them) and put the rest back. By the time we had finished it was howling eastly and it really was time to go. i think my mate had fun by the look on his face :yahoo::1yikes::yahoo: Another beautiful day on pittwater.