Port Stephens

fisherman1994

Hi guys,

I'm headin up to port stephens with a mate tomrow until tuesday and we are keen to get into a bit of landbased fishing while we're up there (can't tow the tinny up, havent got a trailer) and were wondering if anybody could give us some pointers in regards to the better producing areas?

We are keen to give the blackfishing a go if there's any up there, and also want to have a go at beach fishing. I heard a rumour that some people got some rat kings off the breakwall at nelson bay?

All help and pointers would be greatly appreciated so we have some idea as to where we're goin.

We are stayin in Fingle (Fingal?) bay and would probably fish the nelson bay, anna bay, salamander, soldiers point areas etc etc.

Thanks again all,

James :1fishing1:

Hi Fisherman 1994,

Try off the rocks at the bottom of Barry Park at Fingal Bay, it was very productive for me the last time I was there. I am heading there next month, it'll be nice if you can report back if it is still firing. Got some kingies, and tailor there and got busted by groper (i think).

Good luck, mate, and looking forward to your report.

Cheers,

Littledinghy

I went up there last xmas and a nice place to fish is fishermans bay. Theres a ledge on the north side which has a bit of a drop off next to it. I only really fished it once but was able to get some yakkas and was busted off by something quite big.