So Happy!

GregL

Went out again trying to crack the code on these Sydney reds. I thought it would have gone ballistic after the monster swells but it was not to be. We did alot of searching as the spots I thought would fire didn't. The swell today was very minimal which doesn't help in the areas targeted. So back to some of the usual spots and in the end we scratched up a good half dozen fish all around the similar size like this one.

post-3563-1255256551_thumb.jpg

Now this thing has to be the biggest Happy Moment I have ever seen, so glad it wasn't on my line! :1yikes:

Didn't make Evi to happy!

post-3563-1255256664_thumb.jpg

See how we go tomorrow :yahoo:

Greg

Edited by GregL

Nice red Greg, sounds like you had a great session and a nice feed too. Yes that is one mother of a black trevally. I reckon that one would supply 12 months of happy moments :1prop:

Did you get the B.T on a plastic as well?

Cheers Luke

Yeah it took a 4" Pogy!

Only one I have hooked was fishing the washes for bream on a Gulp 3" Minnow.

G

Yes, it is poisonous.

lack Spinefoot (Siganus spinnus Linnaeus)

Local Common Names : Happy Moments or Black Trevally

This species is included because the numerous spines on this fish are capable of inflicting painful stings; these endure for up to some hours and lend the ironic name of "Happy Moments". Special care is needed in handling this fish because the first spine of the dorsal fin lies close to the back, and is directed forward. Although a minor pri_ck results in some discomfort, the venom injected by a deep puncture leads to immediate and intense pain. The intensity of the pain may be out of all proportion to the size of the wound, which should be immersed in hot water as soon as possible and medical help obtained as soon as possible.

The fish grows to 350mm (14 inches) and is usually brown or olive in colour with a small mouth but is never the less hooked quite easily. If caught it is more preferable to cut the fish off rather than risk bringing the fish into the boat or on to land risking being stung.

The species is common on reefs, and in coastal waters, estuaries and rivers in the region.

Edited by FlighHigh

hey greg it was hard work out there today i gave you a wave as you wissed by we fished off curlcurl for 6 hours for 10 squire all around the 400 to 450 mark kept 4

we got sharked 2 times the last was a big baker all we got was the head and that was it for the snapper

all fish were caught on the rising tide just after dead low once the bar.pressure fell and the wind turner n east the snapper seemed to shut down but proberly due to sharks as well

still i have had far worst days and as long as i get a feed for dinner i'm a happy camper

cherrs gary

That is a nice Reddie anyway, Greg! I would't mind catching that one! :1prop:

OMG! That Happy Moment must have been on STEROIDS! :1yikes: It is huge! I have been stung by a small Wallis Lake one & do not recommend it! If your buddy had been stung by that one, I reckon he would have needed hospitalisation!

Cheers

Roberta