1 Of Each

mii11x

hey raiders,

thought id share with you the jewie and flattie i caught on sunday and monday nights respectively. both were caught on soft plastics with 6lb fireline 8lb flouro leader. the jewie was 58cm, the flattie 62cm.

regards

mick

post-10641-1255429656_thumb.jpg

post-10641-1255429620_thumb.jpg

Great fish mate!!

Whats gear were you using??

thanks for the comments guys, yeah landbased, and gear - 2500 diawa tierra 6lb fireline braid, 8lb flouro leader, 1/8oz size 1/0 jighead with powerbait 3" mullet for the jewie and squidgie princess(110mm) for the flattie and the rod is tcurve t series spin662 2-5kg.

only just purchased this rod and it is fantastic, and using lighter gear my catch rate has increased......i have previously used a sol combo wih 10lb braid and flouro catching still, but since swapping to lighter its definitely improved my catch rate.....i was suprised actually. ive never actually plasticked a bream yet though, do u guys recommend even lighter line for the spare spool???

cheers

mick

Edited by mii11x

thanks for the comments guys, yeah landbased, and gear - 2500 diawa tierra 6lb fireline braid, 8lb flouro leader, 1/8oz size 1/0 jighead with powerbait 3" mullet for the jewie and squidgie princess(110mm) for the flattie and the rod is tcurve t series spin662 2-5kg.

only just purchased this rod and it is fantastic, and using lighter gear my catch rate has increased......i have previously used a sol combo wih 10lb braid and flouro catching still, but since swapping to lighter its definitely improved my catch rate.....i was suprised actually. ive never actually plasticked a bream yet though, do u guys recommend even lighter line for the spare spool???

cheers

mick

I would say 6lb -4lb flurocarbon but if your near structure i would go 6lbb - 12lb flurocarbon but it entirley up to you.

I know a guy that uses 1lb braid and 2lb flurocarbon leader for bream and landed a 80cm flatty once but i havent talked to him in a while but imagine hooking a jewie or king on that gear!! lol

Cheers, Zac

Edited by the one that got away