Botany Bay Today

jim bream

Hi everyone.

After buying a new boat last week, upgrading to 5 metre quintrex, I was hanging just to drive the thing. I woke up at 8 am, and decided to take the boat out. Rang a friend, and asked him to join me. So we went out, stopped at towra point, to no surprise the water temperature was 15 degrees. There was no intention to fish but i just couldnt help myself, i grabbed two rods and two bag of worms. We caught one whiting then i decided we had to find warmer waters. So we could get onto some bream. I moved a few places, but still everywhere i went, 15 degrees :thumbdown: so i ended up at the drums. To my surprise the water temperature was just under 18 degrees. So we sat there for a hour, and caught a 71 cm flathead, a bream, 3 trevellys, and a flounder. What i did notice was the tide was going out, and as the tide was going out, the water temperature was dropping, this was telling me the bay was full of cold water, and the warmer water was going back out to sea, where it originally came from. So its not just right for the bream at this time of the year, unless your fishing a easterly with a run in tide. And fishing at the top of the bay with warm water coming in to increase the chances of catching some bream. Thats my opinion at the moment, there is still alot of cold water in the bay, and this is keeping the bream away. Ive been watching the warm currents come down for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully the warm waters will go right through the bay and improve the bream fishing. Anyway it was a good 1 and a half hours of fishing :1fishing1:

cheers jim bream

post-6195-1255767766_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1255767787_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1255767816_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1255855520_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim bream

Sounds like a good session. I find further up the river, the water is warmer on the run in unless its been a 35 degree day and the water on the flats has warmed up. On my sounder in the kayak, the temperature fluctuated between 15 and 17 all day depending on the depth I was fishing.

Hey Jim, post up some photos of the boat .

when you rang me today while I was in penrith coaching the indoor soccer team, I was wanted to hand the reins to someone else and come fishing with you :1badmood:

Not to worry will go out together yet.

Sounds like a great test run Jim

Hope the boat went well

Great mixed bag :thumbup::thumbup:

the boat went really well

thanks johnno

Hey Jim, post up some photos of the boat .

when you rang me today while I was in penrith coaching the indoor soccer team, I was wanted to hand the reins to someone else and come fishing with you :1badmood:

Not to worry will go out together yet.

Hi groper

this is the only photo i have, i have posted it along with the pictures of the fish, and we'll get together for a fish soon.

Hi everyone.

After buying a new boat last week, upgrading to 5 metre quintrex, I was hanging just to drive the thing. I woke up at 8 am, and decided to take the boat out. Rang a friend, and asked him to join me. So we went out, stopped at towra point, to no surprise the water temperature was 15 degrees. There was no intention to fish but i just couldnt help myself, i grabbed two rods and two bag of worms. We caught one whiting then i decided we had to find warmer waters. So we could get onto some bream. I moved a few places, but still everywhere i went, 15 degrees :thumbdown: so i ended up at the drums. To my surprise the water temperature was just under 18 degrees. So we sat there for a hour, and caught a 71 cm flathead, a bream, 3 trevellys, and a flounder. What i did notice was the tide was going out, and as the tide was going out, the water temperature was dropping, this was telling me the bay was full of cold water, and the warmer water was going back out to sea, where it originally came from. So its not just right for the bream at this time of the year, unless your fishing a easterly with a run in tide. And fishing at the top of the bay with warm water coming in to increase the chances of catching some bream. Thats my opinion at the moment, there is still alot of cold water in the bay, and this is keeping the bream away. Ive been watching the warm currents come down for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully the warm waters will go right through the bay and improve the bream fishing. Anyway it was a good 1 and a half hours of fishing :1fishing1:

cheers jim bream

post-6195-1255767766_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1255767787_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1255767816_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1255855520_thumb.jpg

Nice little Boat :thumbup: