Botany Bay 19/10/09 Me & Spinner7

Basil D

Hi Radiers, went out today with my son spinner7 , His last wish before his back at school.

went out late 10am to do a bit of bottom bashing, landed one trevally and 8, 12inch yellow tails, talk about huge, anyway I always keep them for my Dog Misha( sibirean Husky) they sure love their fish.

We were going to go to the heads and the water started boiling, out comes the lures, Tailor everywere, lost two lures and broke a third :1badmood: , not to be outdone by them I put a hole in the lure throught the eye and riged my car keys oring throught the eye and we were back onto them, wouldnt you know it, the tail snaps off and lost the treble hook :mad3: , I tought Im not going to be outdone yet, gang hooks and pillies yep were back on again, :1prop:

caught about 40 and kept ten with the bigest going 45cm.

Spinner7 has a smile on his face to last the week now :tease:

Smoked tailor tonight

post-8352-1255932981_thumb.jpg

Yeah, well thanx for the call. That could have been me. Great catch bro. Just wish I was with you. hopefully I will have a tale to tell tomorrow. Just a thought, try a couple battered with a wedge of lemon, you wont be disappointed.

I rang! but you sleeping with your phone off, gues who missed out :1prop: .

now your turn, your off fishing tomorrow dont disapoint eh! :tease:

I have a few fillets so I will try one beer battered :beersmile:

Ps, I bought a fish smoker, mmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Groper

HI GROPER,

well done on the tailors.you got a few nice ones.i got mt pb yesterday of the rocks at jibbon to the left of jibbon bombora fishing the point in some gnarly reef not far out from the rocks.it went 61cms & weighed just over 2kgs[5pounds].great fish spinning with metals & also got a pb trevally at 49.5cms & a rat king at 62cm.[wish it was legal cos i love a feed of kingfish].

hopefuly now the water is slowly warming,we all should be onto some good fish in the near future,[fingers crossed].well done again & im sure your young boke had a ball.my son is 6 nxt month & is already bugging me to yake him fishing more cos he usually gets some better fish than me.its all good,we'r getting the nxt generation of fishos into our great sport that is fishing.

:beersmile: cheers johnny :thumbup::1fishing1:

nice catch Groper, i'll be heading out on the bay tomorrow first thing in the morning. Definitely gonna have the hard bodies behind the boat looking for those tailor round the heads after your post. might leave a spare rod with a metal on it too in case i encounter a school. I hope they will still be there

Those yellowtails are in plague proportion atm in the bay and seem to be catching them every second cast. ive decided to keep the big ones and eat them nowadays as theyre not bad eating if you butterfly them grill then add drizzle of lemon/salt/olive oil/parley. (just watch out for bones)