Bbq's

jason baker

G'day,

Was wanting a few names of BBQ's that people have used and would recommend.

My beloved barbie did not make the recent relocation despite my love for it.

Probably fair enough, it was ten years old and and I think the rust was holding it together. RIP my old barbie.

Enter my shiny new stainless barbie, four burner with hood, at astronomical cost, was reluctant but the :wife: persuaded me.

Anyway the long and the short of it is that is shit and I'm really not happy with it. I'm not telling how much I spent on it but for the cost it should just about be the best BBQ on earth.

One side of the grill doesn't get hot enough to actually cook anything, it barely browns meat, the other side is hot but only in one small spot.

I'm pretty sure I am going to take it back, how they will feel about that I'm not sure but I'm not going to spend the next twenty years cooking on a shit barbie, which is how long they are supposed to last.

So just want to know of a few good ones you have had experience with, I'm going for a four burner with hood.

Has to get hot, bloody hot and good flame retardation, I want BBQ not ash Wednesday.

Most of all it just has to make me happy when I use it, which is four or five times a week. I am happy to admit I loved my old BBQ but not my new one which is a problem.

So let me know what barbie you love. I know this is a fishing site but we're in the kitchen and how else are you supposed to cook you monster catch?

Cheers,

Jas.

Edited by peschi boi

I have a 4-burner Beefmaster with a side burner. We cook all the time on it, roasts, whatever. I find the heat pretty even. I changed the cast iron plate for a stainless steel one, as I find them easier to keep clean (healthier). I still have the cast iron grills but will change them to stainless, too, when I can afford it. I use the plate in the middle with the two half grills either side. When roasting, after preheating, I put the roast in a pan on the plate with the two centre burners switched off and just use the side burners.... beautiful evenly cooked roasts. yum! :)

Baz

Hi Jas, sounds like you got stitched on a similar one to me. I paid just over $5,000 for it and it's the biggest heap of s--t I have ever used. :1badmood: Stainless steel, great for leaving outdoors, except they put normal painted metal on the back. Great for roasting, put the hood down & watch your meat turn into burnt offering's, :1badmood: use the wok burner & wait until you run out of gas for it to get hot enough to drop the blue swimmers in so they don't think their having a warm bath :1badmood: I should have just gone & got a $300 dollar one from the nearest hardware & I dare say I would have had a better BBQ.

Regards Jeff

mine is a 6 burner with cast iron baking dish & lid also side burner its a cordon bleu and used every nite for the last 2 half years & never let us down $1300 i think, the cheap ones r not realy that good, mine is probaly the same as leo's by the sound of it

cheers john

Edited by johnv