Rod To Match Morethan Branzino 3000 Reel

live_baiter

What are you going to chase on it?

Millerods Beast Buster series match perfectly.

I have a few of these and a Toad series for my snapper fishing.

I fish 30lb to the max threw the toad and 20lb threw the standard shorter ones.

Other rods other than Branzino and Miller rods I have are the UFM Boron 9ft rated to 20lb and a Morthan series but these seem to light for snapper.

Greg

hi gregL

the snappers im chasing in port phillip bay in melbourne i use whiting gear for the fun of it. i have been catching them up to 4kg on a shimano xt50 and a 2-4kg rod with 6lb braid. i so far have landed them all and hope not to get spooled by the massive 10kg plus that frequent PPB.

so, at the moment we are fortunate enough to get many fish from 2-6kg as its in season.

as soon as i get spooled then i would upgrade to an exist 2508 with 10lb braid.

with regards to the branzino i was thinking on using them on pelagics such as kingies, bonnies, strippies etc off the coast of eden/merimbula. i know it is kinda light but i light to have a bit of fun and dont mind getting busted as i would go up in size if i do.

i have not used the ian miller stuff before so i dont know what they are like but i have already ordered the megabass.... i will see how i go with it.

lb

• 3 weeks later...

I,m sorry i didn,t have time to check the weight

I have just jumped on innovaterrods site to double check

and yes it is a 6-8kg rod.

looks like im using a nitro and branzino when i get back to sydney, dont worry mate ill take care of her for you while your working and theres the slight possibility of it making a special one way trip to perth

i tried it on the megabass jade python orochi and found that it is a big over sized so onto a saltiga allrounder 70s it went and it felt like a perfect match.

i would have preferred the m-over 80s saltiga but could not get my hands on one.

anyway, it will be fun on pelagics and some oversized snappers.

• 2 weeks later...

i have my branzino sitting on a nitro viper 6-8kg from memory

I have this as well. 30pd Daiwa, for Barra and Kings. I find the rod a little light at the tip for the heavier lures (say 1.5oz and bigger), am planning to change up for the next trip