Kings And Squid

MJR

Hey all, have been viewing this site for a couple of months but never posted so here goes, been chasing damn jewies for the last couple of months without much sucess, so with the good reports filtering out of the harbour and the water warming thought is was time to start downrigging out wide so me and a mate headed out early to grab some live squid, the weather was good for fish not for us with a bit of rain and slop and chop we persisted and came up with this fella and a couple of smaller fish lets hope its going to fire this summer. CHEERSpost-11292-1257748993_thumb.jpg

Hey all, have been viewing this site for a couple of months but never posted so here goes, been chasing damn jewies for the last couple of months without much sucess, so with the good reports filtering out of the harbour and the water warming thought is was time to start downrigging out wide so me and a mate headed out early to grab some live squid, the weather was good for fish not for us with a bit of rain and slop and chop we persisted and came up with this fella and a couple of smaller fish lets hope its going to fire this summer. CHEERSpost-11292-1257748993_thumb.jpg

well done mate where were you fishing at?

I agree a couple of months....been chasing jewies for over a year at a cost of a couple of thousand. Bait, kayak, sneeking off from work etc. Still if I can have a break from chasing them and land a Kingeeeeee like that I would be a very happy person indeed.

Well done.

:1welcomeani: to the site mate.

Nice 1st post!

Good looking hoody as well. A bit on the skinny side but with a bloody big head!

Don't worry about the jews mate. Give them another crack in late summer & Autumn & you'll get a few.

Cheers,

Grant.

Is that you Mitch?

Nice King

Ps never give up on the Jews mate

nice first report and a great looking king!

Get serious around march for the jew thats when you definately stand your best chance until the end of may, begining of june!

plenty of tips on FR on how where and when!

Ive caught plenty in the hawkesbury but i have yet to crack one in the harbour - maybe this year?

pete.