Cant Outdo Ray On The Prawn Scene

Basil D

me and a mate went out Last night hoping to get amongst those prawns, well we got some but only about 300 grams and good enough for bait, I couldn't match Rays prowess But :1prop: I might have a chance with the camera though :1prop:

it was a good night and had some fun catching them, on the way back we tried our luck near the grass stems on the banks and my mate screams 1 kilo prawn and said mate pull your zipper back up :074:

and he swings the net towards me and his got a Bream :wacko: now that's the Dumbest Bream I have come across to let himself get caught like that it swam straight into the net :wacko: , well that's dinner tonight.

Oh Pete sorry mate BUT you had your phone switched OFF again :wacko::wacko:

post-8352-1257885157_thumb.jpg

post-8352-1257885176_thumb.jpg

post-8352-1257885192_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Great piccies and well done on the Breambo (stupid fish- hehehehehe)

Let me know when you wanna go for a fish Groper, I am heading out tomorrow mornign early to Walsh Bay with a mate to chase Trevs then off to a new spot on Saturday with Eddie and hopefully cahse a Jewie or 2...

Free all next week and that weekend too if you wanted to catch up for a night fish or pre-dawn adventure

Edited by jewiehaven

I will be heading out tomorrow morning hope fully the seas and weather permit it we will be heading out for Snapper, well thats what were aiming for anyway :1prop:

we will catch up for a jewie sesion but I will go for the squid first.

regards groper

G'day matey, I got 118 prawns last night, these ones are bait though, you did good and a bream too, great prawn shot..

I coudlnt keep it still for the shot :074:

118 mate thast a great effort.

I was going to take some light gear with and was kicking myself for not doing so, there was some monster whiting out there going hard for those prawns

Edited by Groper

well done on the prawns mate.

I went last night with Ray for the first time and had a ball.

got about 40 prawns in about 2 hrs.

I will try a livie on light line at the lake in a deeper hole, see how I go.

And about that bream.........HOWWZATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

well done on the prawns mate.

I went last night with Ray for the first time and had a ball.

got about 40 prawns in about 2 hrs.

I will try a livie on light line at the lake in a deeper hole, see how I go.

And about that bream.........HOWWZATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

yeah Howzatttttttt alright, cant believe it went straight into the net, we had a great laugh over it.

It was a great night and the you could see the stars so clearly, what a night

How did you make em sit still so you could count them?

I put them in ziplock freezer bags 12 at a time except for the last bag which had 10, and yes there was quite a few picked up off the kitchen floor LOL..

:074:

Yeah.... You'll be seeing stars alright if you dont keep trying to ring me.

Its as if you dont love me anymore :074::074: PM sent

OY!!! read my topic, your phone was switched off again!! :1prop:

where abouts in sydney do you guys go prawning ?

Narrabeen Lake :beersmile:

well done on the prawns mate. :thumbup: does anyone know if chipping norton lakes any good for prawning?last yr while having a nite fish there were some people prawning & they did ok,even gave us some for bait.lol.just wondering if anyone has gone prawning in chippo this season & if its worth it.thinking of getting a kit & giving it a go.

Does anyone know if Terrigal or Avoca Lagoons are open to the ocean at the moment and if there is any problem with Pelican Itch or Sea Lice in them. Im possibly going to give the prawns a go up there tonight.

G'day buddy, I'm sure I returned a PM to you ..

G'day buddy, I'm sure I returned a PM to you ..

Yeah, I did get your PM thanks Ray and you were very quick to reply too which was great. I thought you said you were unsure of the Pelican Itch/Sea Lice Business because you wear waders now (which we wont have) so i thought i'd just put it out there incase anyone else knew. If someone says that it is there and real bad i might reconsider and i'd say the girls wont come but otherwise im going to give it a crack.

Yeah, I did get your PM thanks Ray and you were very quick to reply too which was great. I thought you said you were unsure of the Pelican Itch/Sea Lice Business because you wear waders now (which we wont have) so i thought i'd just put it out there incase anyone else knew. If someone says that it is there and real bad i might reconsider and i'd say the girls wont come but otherwise im going to give it a crack.

what do you think prawns eat ?find good itch and the prawh is not far away .

I will be heading out tomorrow morning hope fully the seas and weather permit it we will be heading out for Snapper, well thats what were aiming for anyway :1prop:

we will catch up for a jewie sesion but I will go for the squid first.

regards groper

I coudlnt keep it still for the shot :074:

118 mate thast a great effort.

I was going to take some light gear with and was kicking myself for not doing so, there was some monster whiting out there going hard for those prawns

Hey mate.

im thinking of heading down to narrabeen this thursday night.

just a few questions

were you out near the front of the lake or up the back?

and were you just prawning the run out tide?

thanks mate

• 2 weeks later...

can u fish fresh prawns as live bait? and also how effective are they.

Can you!!, Mate the fish are going nuts on them at the moment and I mean all types of fish:thumbup:

Hey mate.

im thinking of heading down to narrabeen this thursday night.

just a few questions

were you out near the front of the lake or up the back?

and were you just prawning the run out tide?

thanks mate

they are under the rd bridge mid tide on the run out narrabeen lakes:thumbup: Edited by Groper