Prawning At Windang 13th Nov

dragtester

Much fun was to be had at windang last night!

Prawned in the river between the bridge and lake for 6.5kg good size tasty lake prawns.post-7684-1258162386_thumb.jpg[attachmentid=47983

The tide does not turn until about 2hrs after the high and they did not run for another 3/4 of an hour and then it was on we were busier than a one armed wall paper hanger.

The run finished about 12.45 we left and it was back to the shire and to bed about 4.30am now to clean the boat and eat the spoils post-7684-1258162981_thumb.jpg

Cheers Wayne. :beersmile::beersmile::yahoo:

No all will be eaten Curried prawns and rice for dinner just gone.

fresh bread rolls and the boss's seafood sauce for the left overs for Sunday night.

Any others will be Mondays lunch, i know life's tuff but some one has to do it.

I mostly fish with SP so no need for bait, don't want smelly hands it may put me off my beer :074::074:

any way the one in my hand is so time for a refill.

Cheer's

Wayne :beersmile::beersmile:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, this is my first post on this site. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

I've tried prawning the channel in the lake twice over the last four weeks with no success :( . All the the information I can gather contradicts everything that I hear.

Going by the fact it's now four weeks since you 'mamoth' haul on the the 13/11, am I right in assuming tonight is worth another shot?

Thanks for any help.

Hi All, this is my first post on this site. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

I've tried prawning the channel in the lake twice over the last four weeks with no success :( . All the the information I can gather contradicts everything that I hear.

Going by the fact it's now four weeks since you 'mamoth' haul on the the 13/11, am I right in assuming tonight is worth another shot?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any help.

Yes it should have been every thing was supposed to be right but they did not run in 4 hrs we got 12 prawns o'well fresh bait every one we spoke to had the same result a bigfat zero. some said it was ok the night before with 2 to 3 kg caught.

good luck

Wayne

Yes it should have been every thing was supposed to be right but they did not run in 4 hrs we got 12 prawns o'well fresh bait every one we spoke to had the same result a bigfat zero. some said it was ok the night before with 2 to 3 kg caught.

good luck

Wayne

Hi There,

I gave it a go on friday. was ther for about 2 hrs and caught 4 prawns. Then on saturday I went down near primbee and came home with about 50 which I was quite happy with. Not much to boast about, but enough for a light Sunday lunch, and a couple left raw for bait.

Has anyone done any prawning in or around Narooma?

I was out there on sat night, started up at the drop off and worked back to the bridge. i think we had about twenty prawns on board when we stopped near the boat ramp and watched the bank up of people trying to get their boats out and we where catching prawns left right and centre.