My First Kingfish

cut_loose

Hey guys,

Went off Port Kembla Trolling Off The Islands With Those Skirt Lure Things ..

Hook this guy up on a 2.4 kg rod ! :yahoo: What a awesome fight it was ! :biggrin2:

after 10 mins we had him in the boat and i was a very happy boy :)

After a few quick snaps he was released to fight another day

1-2.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Edited by cut_loose

Great Rat matey- I remember mine on a charter- somehow I nailed 5 in a day, 3 came in from trolling, the better ones (still rats and undersized) were trolled up on metal slices.

2 Others came in bottom bashing with pillie chunks.

Gee they put up a fight even for 60-63cm ... (just 2cm short I was, lol)

Fantastic report :1prop:

I will be off Port Kembla this weekend on a charter- I sure hope there are some of his big brothers on the reefs aswell as some nice big Red's

Edited by jewiehaven

Haha cheers guys

Dont worry Nathan mate.. you will get one soon !

Goodluck on the Charter jewie!

:)

I THINK ive got the kingy bug ! All i can think about is wanting to go fishing ! Haha how good is it ! I cant wait till the weekend ! ive been riggign up rods and everything !

Congratulations mate on your first kingy. May it be the first of many

On this years fish wish list is the elusive kingy. FM caught one and got the bug, #1 Son got one, caught the bug and then got a custom kingy rod. I think its now mums turn to do the same.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Guest Aussie007

well done mate kings are everywhere at port kembla we were fishing off of the tug boat wharf an old man was fishing there as well (fishing from this wharf is legal theres a sign) he tossed in the rest of hes burley before leaving when 3 70-80cm kingys surfaced about 1 meter off the wharf they stayed around for about 15mins once the tug boat started they took off one had a go at a peice of freshly caught port hacking squid it mouthed the squid 3 times just would not swallow the bait even if we did manage to hook one we had zero chance of landing it