Fuel

The Iceman

G'day Iceman,

I think you might be right... the stations up here mostly have E10 as the only low octane fuel and then usually have 2 premium fuels without Ethanol. There are even a couple of companies where all their fuels are Ethanol blends. Something to watch out for when filling a boat or mixing 2 stroke for the mower/chainsaw/etc.

Cheers, Slinky

So whats the best fuel for an E-Tec or other modern 2 strokes then?

Man it getting bloody confusing.

No info at the pumps doesn't help the average joe either.

Edited by Boofhead

I was at the local Mobil and they have now 91 unleaded and the new shit stuff with sugar cane :ranting2:

I am so glad I have a diesel :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

we all cant have deisel, cost many $$$$ but hey we need to start looking at alternative fuels and hopefully one day pollution free fuel

Edited by Groper

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed that caltex are phasing out the 91 unleaded (standard unleaded) and replacing it with E10. They also have 95 and 98 premium unleaded. I contacted shell and they informed me that they intend on doing the same. I think BP may have already done it too.

I hate the idea of pumping E10 in my car but due to the km's I do it seems shortly I am not going to have choice.

I have a 2000 model yammie 70hp 2 stroke. I have read that there is absolutely no benefit in using premium, but if std unleaded isn't available I imagine that premuim would be better then E10. Does anyone have any technical information on this?

do not use E10 as the ethanol attracts water. during phase seperation, the water is left on the bottom and fuel on top. and you all know what water does to engines. being in a marine environement, this can be extremely disastrous. there are fuel filters out there but just not worth the risk.

Edited by hottyscotty

I was at the local Mobil and they have now 91 unleaded and the new shit stuff with sugar cane :ranting2:

I am so glad I have a diesel :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Stewy, you still bragging about that bloody car of yours?? Hope you're not talking to Patsy Pajero more than Donna !!!

Cheers mate, Russ.

PS I just bought a new one as well - 07 model done 32000kms but petrol.

I was up at Go-Fish Dural on the weekend & asked this question of one of the team there & he said that Premium or 91" as a minimum "NO" E10 as this will cause water in fuel issues as Ross & hotscotty said.

Rex

Edited by Dusky