How Much Have You Got?

harold

i was sitting on my boat at Akuna bay yesterday looking at the gear i own and a thought came to me. I wondered how much i had spent on fishing gear. I did some quick mental addition and blow me down if i didnt come up with about $3,500 worth of stuff on board. Now i am just an amateur compared to some of you guys, i wonder, how much have you got invested in trying to catch that next elusive fish?

When I moved here from NZ 8 years ago I had to insure my gear and itemise it all.

I had a replacement cost of $3500 in game lures alone. Let alone rods, reels, hooks, swivels,trace, nets, gaffs, electronics and on and on- etc.

Think about if you had to totally replace all the stuff in your kitchen cupboards. All those little things add up.

rowan

mmmm, let me see, boat, rod holders, fishfinders, navs, books, tackle, rods, reels, cutting board, live bait tank, safty gear, gimmicks, well our :wife: want there hair and nails done and we dont winge.

And we want our toys (Just one more):1prop:

Edited by Groper

:dito:

Slinky, we will be hearing nothing from you!!

Aww, on 2nd thoughts......... C'mon tell all! :074::074:

Cheers,

Grant.

I'm not going to add the $$ but even after the recent sale of gear I still have around 40 outfits. Then there's all the terminals, tackle and accessories.

I can say after a quick mental sum that I think I have around $1000 worth of soft plastic tails alone :074:

I reckon I'm an amateur compared to GregL or Ceph though.

Slinky

PS. My greatest fear is that after I die, my wife will sell all my gear for what I said I paid for it.

"How much gear do I have?"

My ansawer# "Almost enough!" :biggrin2:

There's only a few little things that I can think of that I could use or use more of.

How much does it add up to in value?

Come on, that's like asking someone how much money they have in the bank! <_<

G

YES to dangerous to answer, my advantage is that my garage is out of bounds to all woman that way she will never know. One day i will post a photo or two on here .

P.S Slinky thanks great rod & reel

cheers john

Edited by johnv