Kingfish Is Hard Work

cjchen

for 2 weeks i've been trying to land myself more legal kingfish but boy they are hard

it all started when i landed a 55cm rat on 4lb

got myself new gear and lures-

been around kurnell oilwharf and the drums just drifting, using sluggo soft plastics

9 trips in 3 weeks

so far 6 trips got rats out of the 5 trips , a photo and off they back into the drink

only 1 time legal a 71 and 66cm both in 1 day

its werid how sometimes theres just rats and when the conditions are right there must be legals around!

3 trips fishless and it could be the wind , current , but thats fishing

1 of the highlights is a 61cm flathead, perfect for fillets

still trying new techniques like berleying, poppers and others

hope to beat my pb of 71cm soon

i am in a blue 2seater tempo 2 fisherman kayak

say hi if you see me around the wharf or drums!

post-10401-1261530036_thumb.jpg

Edited by cjchen

Hi cjchen

i will say hi next time if i see u in the water. Im in the same boat as you. Still waiting to catch that decent kingy.

Gonna try using live baits next time hoping to catch better quality fish.

How are you using the sluggos? are you just cranking them across the surface?

Excellent report CJ ! You are going on from strength to strength with your fishing and I am sure you will persevere and master in your studies just as well :thumbup:

If you keep on going at this rate, we'll soon see a procession of Fishraiders in yaks following you all over Botany Bay and I'm sure the whole kingfish population will feel so cornered that they'll learn to walk over land.. :biggrin2:

Merry Christmas CJ :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi cjchen

i will say hi next time if i see u in the water. Im in the same boat as you. Still waiting to catch that decent kingy.

Gonna try using live baits next time hoping to catch better quality fish.

How are you using the sluggos? are you just cranking them across the surface?

trying everything when something doesnt work , had some hit me because i cast and jig it sideways with my rod

some i let it sink and jig it up like a minnow

Excellent report CJ ! You are going on from strength to strength with your fishing and I am sure you will persevere and master in your studies just as well :thumbup:

If you keep on going at this rate, we'll soon see a procession of Fishraiders in yaks following you all over Botany Bay and I'm sure the whole kingfish population will feel so cornered that they'll learn to walk over land.. :biggrin2:

Merry Christmas CJ :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

thanks for your compliments !

i targeted kings because i still had trouble geting alot of bream, maybe it wasn't meant to be.!

i have however learnt to catch whiting land based, wearing a full wetsuit, pumping yabbies as berley and use them as bait. they taste just if not even better then bream. now im into the sport of fishing for the bigger species!

Great report. Have been following your trevally reports in the same area - looks like you've graduated to the bigger stuff. Are you finding the trevally still around or have you given them up now to get kingies.

Will definitely look out for you next time I'm out that way. Will look out for that aussie hat on the water ...

thanks for the comments guys

yes say g day , love to match the faces to the nicknames

trev is still there, went there dis morning and got 5

could of goten more but the wind went to 18knots or so

my mate hooked on to a biggggg one like 50+ and the 6lb gone, he is noob at fishing didn't know how to fight it properly

oh wells....

really only get 1 hr decent fishing at sunrise.....

the sun comes up so quick in summer or is it just me..... wishing it lasted longer :P

Edited by cjchen