Harbour Jew Bash With Beginner

tide'n'knots

Hi raiders I had the pleasure of fishing the harbour last night with beginner (nathan) and what a night it was! It started off a little slow as we tried a couple of previously untried spots here and there until finally I decided to just anchor up and settle in a spot that had previously produced several soapies around the 3 to 5 lb mark. The high tide was due to turn around midnight or there abouts and about 11/2 hour before the top of the tide nathans rod buckled over severely but unfortunately by the time he grabbed it from the rod holder it popped back up - damn! after waiting several minutes to see if it would come back for a second go nathan wound in the line and setup what was left of his squid as a long strip bait and recast the line. After about 15mins ""whack whack whack" on nathans rod again this time he picked up the rod and stuck hard immediately coming up solid and a minute or two later a nice schoolie around 5lb was in the boat

post-8689-1261536777_thumb.jpg

post-8689-1261536804_thumb.jpg

High fives all round and next cast my light line meant for a bream with a peeled prawn gets absolutely smashed and its twin brother hit the deck - 2 in two minutes and were thinking how good is this!

post-8689-1261536973_thumb.jpg

]things quitened down for about the next hour or so and right on the turn of tide in the slack water my heavy rod gets an enquiry I picked up the rod from the holder and it gave a couple of hard pulls so i lent back hard and loaded up on what was obviously a good fish. After several minutes this 19lb beauty joined his mates in the esky

post-8689-1261537233_thumb.jpg

we stayed for about 1/2 hour after that but we were both very contented and decided to call it a night. The rest of the photos were taken back at the boat ramp

post-8689-1261537374_thumb.jpg

Nathan with the 2 smaller fish

post-8689-1261537419_thumb.jpg

me with the big one

post-8689-1261537472_thumb.jpg

all 3 together on my esky.

al in all a great night and some good company also - thanks nathan for your company and I hope we get some more fishing in together in the near future.

pete.

Well done on the Harbour jew Pete and Nathan :thumbup: good to see another good effort from you Nath..Those landbased encounters you had on the kingfish lately would have certainly had you nicely tweeked up for the jewfish session with Peter ay..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Congratulations on a top jewie, Pete!! Well done! And good on you for putting Nathan onto some jewies too!! That is the Raider Spirit!!!

Hope you have a great Xmas & manage to :1fishing1: and have a few :beersmile: as well

Cheerio for now & Merry Xmas

Roberta

Thanks Pete!!!! Loved Every minute of it!!!!! cant wait to do it again hopefully the 19lb is mine next time hahaha

I Learn't allot from you last night and look forward to putting your tips into practice and the main one of course to stay calm when fighting the fish as I believe that will improve my strike rate dramatically but sometimes its so hard to stay cool!!!! Just wish every fishing trip could be like that!!!!!!

Hope you and your Family Have a Safe & Merry Christmas and Forget the Turkey enjoy the Jew!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

my absolute pleasure nathan! it was great to finally get that fish in with you and i am glad that I was able to get us on to some decent fish.

I hope all fishraiders have a safe and merry xmas and some cracking big fish in 2010!!!

pete.

No doubt about you, Pete .... you have the big jewies wired! Congrats on your fine fish, and well done on introducing Nathan to some of your 'secrets'. :thumbup: It sounds like you both had a terrific time. Congrats on a new PB, Nathan. Stick with Pete and the PB's will improve with every trip. I really enjoyed the report fellas, and look forward to the next one! :yahoo:

Cheers

Hodgey

Thats the way Nathan, you can always learn something from another fisho. :1fishing1: When you think you know it all thats what you are a know it all. I've been fishing for about 50years & still learning, the fish get smarter every year. Theres always someone that has a trick to catching a certain species that unless they show you, you'll always be the one standing on the ramp watching the others cleaning their catch, instead of the vice the versa. Keep fishing :1fishing1: with people like Pete & it won't be long before you will be taking a beginner & showing them what you know. :thumbup: Keep up the great post mate & have a good one.

Regards Jeff