Tangles!

justinp

Gday folks, with the upcoming tournament season approaching, I have been thinking of using lure wraps that go around the blank and secure your lure and or jighead to the guide you have it pinned on, there is nothing more frustrating than arriving at your chosen spot, then go to pick up your chosen rod from the six or seven strapped to the casting deck to find you have got a bloody tangle that a four year old could lay claim too, I think that using these lure wraps may help to reduce this situation, however I have not been able to find any locally, if anybody knows where I may be able to find some, I need fourteen of them so that we can have all rods tangle free all day, cheers Justin.

if you can lay the rods flat and not on top of each other and when you wind the line tight, don't put bows in the rod they should lay neat side by side, you wont get the tangles.

It's only when you lay another rod over another that the jig will catch on anything or the bow in the line from one rod tangling with another.

The wraps are good at the start of the day but by the end of the day in a comp, they have either blown over the side or in the glove box......

Anything with trebbles and if you have non hookless carpet, it's just a world of pain! :mad3:

G

You can get some lure wraps (canvas type material with velcro on 3 sides) from motackle, approx $10 for 2.

Although I have a few I usually switch onoe back and forth when on the boat (more to avoid hooks in feet than anyhing else)