Sydney Harbour Kingy

spongy

Very quick report on this morning's session out at Colours again.

Took my son and daughter out to Colours trying to get them onto their first kingy.

Got to the bait grounds around 8:30 and had 10 yakkas in the tank (mostly candy sized).

Shot off to Colours and the conditions were rough and windy. Not a good start, especially with my kids onboard.

Not many boats out there and even less activity on the sounder.

A mate on another boat showed me another spot nearby where he had some more success. First drift and my son hooked into a nice rat kingy to claim as his first kingy - awesome to watch him experience it. It went 60cm. A couple of pics any back in the drink.

post-5874-1262068134_thumb.jpg

A couple more drifts and my son's rod goes off again as soon as he puts it down for a pee. I grab the rod and instantly know this is a keeper kingy. I hand the rod to my girl. She hesitantly takes it and can only just hold the rod with both hands - no spare hand to crank the reel. At least she felt the power of the beast. My son's turn next and he has a great tussle with his biggest king. AWESOME just to watch him. We boated a 75cm kingy. Not much more after that so we headed back in after 30min cos it got rougher out there.

post-5874-1262068167_thumb.jpg

post-5874-1262068192_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Nice Fish Jeff and well done on getting the kids onto their first kingies. I'm sure they will be badgering you for another trip soon!

There seems to be fish all along the headlands at the moment. Great news for our kingy stocks thats for sure!!

I'll be out the next few days once this wind backs off. I'll see you out there if you head out.

Andrew