Calcutta 200te Dc

Guest hottuna

Guest hottuna

Had the pleasure of casting this award winning reel. For those of you not familiar with it ...Shimano released it at i believe last years tackle trade fair. Its has its own tiny computer which 1000 times per second adjusts to counter velosity loss. (stop backlash)

Its fantastic , no thumb brake required at all!!!!!!!!!! Although at first naturally you try and use your thumb.........It cast a country mile. Anyone got one?

dan

It does look pretty cool. I think it won an award for best new reel too.

How much are they retailing for? What happens if your casting into wind or you miss time your cast and the lure smacks down into the water shorter than you planned?

Guest hottuna
It does look pretty cool.  I think it won an award for best new reel too.

How much are they retailing for?  What happens if your casting into wind or you miss time your cast and the lure smacks down into the water shorter than you planned?

41210[/snapback]

Good question

Retails for around $900 -1000

If you happen to cast ahead of you feet the reel hasn`t the time to adjust and yes you get a back lash.

Watching the reel as you lure flies through the air is pretty cool, you get a slight whining noise (the computer working) but watching the drum slow down on its own is weird.

it self charges when you wind the handle....

dan

Dan,

How robust would it be? If you dropped it or got it wet , would you be up for a new computer?

I imagine the price will drop as the sales volume gets up and somebody comes out with a competitor. I would love something like that for hurling big lures off rock ledges. My language would improve overnight.