Botany Bay 3/1/10

steve351

G'day raiders

Ventured out in the bay today to fish the run out tide around towra for bream. After kicking myself for not going out yesterday as it was perfect for most of the day i wasnt going to miss out today. Arrivng at my usual spot cast after cast i was met with brown weed which sticks like super glue to anything attached to your line, and if that wasnt bad little reds were eating my bait. :mad3: This forced me to venture into new territory towards kurnell, and from there on the action was none stop. It was a mixed bag at the end with 13 bream, 3 whiting, 2 tarwhine, 1 flounder a and 1 occy.

DSC01361.jpg

Steve, Great day out.

I'll kick you for Saturday if you kick me for today. After yesterday being out there and having beautiful conditions , I woke up at 4am today and it was rainy & windy at my place (Campbelltown) so decided to go back to bed as I thought the Bay might be crappy. :1badmood: All I got were a few extra zzzz's. I should have just done it and gone.

Flano

Edited by Flano

Yeh the rain doesnt bother me its the damn wind and rain together!! It was pretty sloppy earlier on, but did improve through out the day, i thought the fish may have shut down but they were sure there.

Happy new year jim, im sure you will carve them up tomorrow.. i had to change locations a few times along the kurnell stretch but every move paid... some quality bream in the mix

Cheers guys

Steve !

Long time no hear from you.

I reckon you were out there catching them and kept quiet...

Nice batch of fish, especially so if you were out there in the wind'n'rain, squinting through the drizzle, holding your hat down with one hand, bailing water with the other hand and rebaiting with another and holding the handrail with the other hand - er hang on, I think I mentioned too many hands...

I think I've been watching too much of deadliest catch.

Did you have another person on board ?

Did you find the brown weed on your lines at Kurnell? I would have thought that's the first place you find it. So how many hours were you out there? What depth were you in? I have a feeling the fish are in deeper water at the moment.

I was going to go out sunday but chickened out - the wind would have made it hard to stand in high heels and the rain would have made the mascara run....

Just joking.... :074: ...I would never do that on a boat....

Hey keflapod,

It has been a while, i have been fishing for jew more than bream latley. Me catching all the fish?? hahaha i think you and jim are the vaccum cleaners in the bream department. I fished on my own for around 5 hours through the run out.

Cheers mate

Hey keflapod,

It has been a while, i have been fishing for jew more than bream latley. Me catching all the fish?? hahaha i think you and jim are the vaccum cleaners in the bream department. I fished on my own for around 5 hours through the run out.

Cheers mate

Vacuum cleaners? Mate if you wanted to see vacuum in action, you should have seen how the old beach net haulers used to fish the silver beach area in Kurnell 15 years ago. The numbers of fish that people like myself and Jim bream catch are small and sustainable compared to the numbers they used to get, year after year after year. They would also kill large numbers of juvenile fish whereas us fishos don't. That is what I would call vacuuming. I wouldn't say we do that :(

Keflapod i didnt mean it in a bad way! I should have said bream MASTERS! Both you and jim are usaully always on the ball.. I dont know what anyone else does in the bay that doesnt post on here but from what i can see you both are very consistant.

Jim i dont think there were any black bream in my catch mate.. there was 1 or 2 that were a bit darker but i dont know if thats because they were residing in the weed. Cause i caught a few on clean sand the bream were nearly white! Did you find heaps of reds around??

Keflapod i didnt mean it in a bad way! I should have said bream MASTERS! Both you and jim are usaully always on the ball.. I dont know what anyone else does in the bay that doesnt post on here but from what i can see you both are very consistant.

Jim i dont think there were any black bream in my catch mate.. there was 1 or 2 that were a bit darker but i dont know if thats because they were residing in the weed. Cause i caught a few on clean sand the bream were nearly white! Did you find heaps of reds around??

reds were every were you go that's why i ran out of bait