Pumping Bait - Port Hacking

Raii

Hi, I have heard there are some locations around the Hacking that prohibits pumping of bait, could someone list the places that you CAN pump or you CANNOT depending on which list is longer :1prop:

Also, I was wondering how I get about accessing Mainbar landbased for pumping nippers, I've taken a look on google maps and I am not sure where to start/how to access the area.

Thanks, Ray.

Edited by Raii

ray i usuly pump nippers at bundeena

there's a creek to the west work the edges at low tide and also work your way along till you find a patch you can get 3 good size nippers per pump you just need to find were there all hiding

cheers gary

Go through Royal National Park to get to Mainbar, follow the road until you get to the Bundeena turnoff, turn there and follow it until you get to the Mainbar turnoff on your left, follow that road and it'll take you down to the water, just park and head down to the water, there's a creek you can follow in that has plenty fish also if you want a quick flick while you're pumping.

Cheers,

Leo

Thanks for the replies.

I'll have to go give Mainbar a go sometime soon, if I was targetting the usual trio, bream/whiting/flatties, would it be better to fish the nippers AT mainbar or perhaps travel somewhere else, e.g. Lilli Pilli / Gunnamatta?

mapo.jpg

Is this the road that leads to the sand bars?

Also is there anywhere else on the Gunnamatta/Lilli pilli side of the Hacking that produces nippers?

Thanks, Ray.

Edited by Raii

Yep that's it, there's a little carpark where you've circled, just walk down to the water from there. If you go around to the right and head up that creek there's good fishing a few hundred metres up it, also at high tide it can can good.

Cheers,

Leo

Was fishing at gunnamatta bay on the sand flats this morning, and some dude and kids were pumping yabbies on the spot. I had pumped my yabbies elsewhere and brought them there and these guys were pumping in a protected zone and catching whiting. I meanwhile got a big fat zero. :ranting2: