Bass In The Storm

kingpig

Hi Guys

I got home from work early yesterday arvo and thought the weather is to nice not to do something. So my son and I struck my caneo on the car and we went to Devlins Lane bass fishing. Plenty of weed of all types but fishable.

Went down the river and arond the corner just before the storm hit and it rained on us a little, not to bad.

My sons 1st cast produced a fish and to top it off he got about 5 more before i got any. This started a nice session with over 30 fish between us. Unfortunately there were no good ones. The average size about 10cm.

Some up to 25cm but some down as small as 3cm.

sorry no pics. I did not take a camera or a phone with the storm looming.

If you want to catch plenty of bass there are heaps of little fellas there.

Cheers and tight lines

Kingpig

Hi Guys

I got home from work early yesterday arvo and thought the weather is to nice not to do something. So my son and I struck my caneo on the car and we went to Devlins Lane bass fishing. Plenty of weed of all types but fishable.

Went down the river and arond the corner just before the storm hit and it rained on us a little, not to bad.

My sons 1st cast produced a fish and to top it off he got about 5 more before i got any. This started a nice session with over 30 fish between us. Unfortunately there were no good ones. The average size about 10cm.

Some up to 25cm but some down as small as 3cm.

sorry no pics. I did not take a camera or a phone with the storm looming.

If you want to catch plenty of bass there are heaps of little fellas there.

Cheers and tight lines

Kingpig

grat work on the fish :1fishing1::thumbup: how did you do it :beersmile:

Most fish were taken on shallow diving lures. The ones we had were Rebel Cricket Hoppers but i think any lure with a decent action would have done the job.

There was a lot of floating weed. I think is Alagator weed but may be wrong. This made surface lures impossible in most areas.

There was a small section were i used a surface lure and got fish. Wish the weed was not there, seeeing them hit is good.