Things You Find In The Sea

walrus

post-1204-1262838630_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838696_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838707_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838721_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838730_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838630_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838630_thumb.jpgTravelled up to Port Stephens after the festive season to find some decent fish. Went outside yesterday and found a good reef but could only pick up small snapper. We decided to drift off the reef for some flatties as we caught some decent size 2 days earlier. Later I felt only a small tug and then set the hook for a little fun with what I felt was large flatty and then it decided to have some fun with me. It surfaced about 20mts from the boat and I and we both thought :( another shark but it wasn't until came closer we realised it was a little great white. What a fight from a small shark It took line like a marlin and took a good 5 minutes to get him and it didn't like being in the boat but I coudn't resist a photo.

Hope he doesn't come back to haunt me later as the last one I saw was 5 metres at Long Reef.

Also saw a amazing site a huge turtle eating blue bottles.

post-1204-1262838630_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838696_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838707_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838721_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838730_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838630_thumb.jpgpost-1204-1262838630_thumb.jpgTravelled up to Port Stephens after the festive season to find some decent fish. Went outside yesterday and found a good reef but could only pick up small snapper. We decided to drift off the reef for some flatties as we caught some decent size 2 days earlier. Later I felt only a small tug and then set the hook for a little fun with what I felt was large flatty and then it decided to have some fun with me. It surfaced about 20mts from the boat and I and we both thought :( another shark but it wasn't until came closer we realised it was a little great white. What a fight from a small shark It took line like a marlin and took a good 5 minutes to get him and it didn't like being in the boat but I coudn't resist a photo.

Hope he doesn't come back to haunt me later as the last one I saw was 5 metres at Long Reef.

Also saw a amazing site a huge turtle eating blue bottles.

Hey Mate!

That is actually a Mako not a great white. As most gamefisherman would know, they are awesome fighters and often perform aerial stunts when hooked on a line!

Nevertheless, a funny by-catch while fishing for flatties!

Hey Mate!

That is actually a Mako not a great white. As most gamefisherman would know, they are awesome fighters and often perform aerial stunts when hooked on a line!

Nevertheless, a funny by-catch while fishing for flatties!

yeh thanks breed should have checked first on the breed but as it surfaced the jaws protruded just like a white

yeh thanks breed should have checked first on the breed but as it surfaced the jaws protruded just like a white

The makos are that vivid blue that you photo pics up so well. I've seen them out there as well and they can be very inquisitive. Wehad one chew our prop a lot a few years back. The small ones are supposed to eat real good but you'll need to get in quick before they become protected at the end of the month.

The makos are that vivid blue that you photo pics up so well. I've seen them out there as well and they can be very inquisitive. Wehad one chew our prop a lot a few years back. The small ones are supposed to eat real good but you'll need to get in quick before they become protected at the end of the month.

just the most amazing blue colour!

well done on the release mate - don't like his chances next time he hits a circle hook

Definitely a mako. Great little fellas, we have them up beside the boat sometimes just having a look at us or rubbing their head along the side, I just can't bring myself to hook one as they look so friendly. Thats a great shot of the turtle.

Regards Jeff

Edited by Day's Fishin