Whaling Boats

dogtooth

Hi everyone ,

Just found this footage that gives you the real picture of what happened on the southern ocean , I think that the goverment needs to act on the whaling fleet . The funny thing is that when the patagonian toothfish boats fished Australias waters they were chased halfway round the world and had there boats confiscated , Yet the whaling boats are free to do whatever . The skipper of the whaling boat should face Australian courts as it happened in Australian waters .

http://www.seashepherd.org/matilda/video.html

Cheers Dogtooth.... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

This whole thing doesn't seem right. The small boat did nothing to get out of the way, as if it was all for the cameras? They had plenty of time, that boat is fast and very manouverable, but it seems not so bullet proof as they said?

Howard.

I have little sympathy for the Sea Shepherd mob. I know they mean well and I don't agree with harvesting whales under the guise of scientific research but they have actively rammed Japanese boats in the past. They glorify this fact by painting Japanese flags as trophies. And now they cry foul when they wreck their boat in a colision that would appear to be equally their own fault? I don't think the head on footage shows the boat heading towards the Japanese boat.

If you are going to protest there are ways; granted they are often ineffective but you can't operate outside the law (ramming boats, jumping aboard, throwing acid bombs) and then expect governments to act on your behalf. The media have jumped all over it as if it were the greatest travesty of all time.

I don't get it.

Edited by humesy

Hi everyone ,

Just found this footage that gives you the real picture of what happened on the southern ocean , I think that the goverment needs to act on the whaling fleet . The funny thing is that when the patagonian toothfish boats fished Australias waters they were chased halfway round the world and had there boats confiscated , Yet the whaling boats are free to do whatever . The skipper of the whaling boat should face Australian courts as it happened in Australian waters .

http://www.seashepherd.org/matilda/video.html

Cheers Dogtooth.... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

I'm fairly sure that (whether you like it or not) the Patagonian Toothfish boats were breaking the law, but the Whaling boats are not.