Saaamoan Dollies

dlvbw

Hey raiders,

Recently i was lucky enough to travel to Saaamoa for work with a mate of mine. Prior to this trip my mate had been on a seriously good charter on the southern side of Upolu during a flat day on a surf trip. They got three dollies and a marlin in a few hours on the charter which makes for a pretty hot session. I was understandably jealous.

We decided to head out on the northern side of Upolu on this trip (mainly because we were staying in Apia and the dock was about 50 m away!!). The boat was called the Indulgence and was captained by a very nice kiwi bloke who was from Mangawhai in NZ. We headed out and after about an hour hit the trolling grounds. Within an hour we hooked up something big and the reel was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing like nobodies business. My mate, great mate that he is, let me chance my luck first as the other teasers and lines were brought in. The fish was well hooked and within seconds we saw the dollie bouncing all over the place. :1prop:

After a decent fight the fish was landed and was a lot bigger than expected. To be honest I was shocked. It was the first on board so it was put on ice, but before we knew it there was another on. Luke dealt with this second with ease (must have been his experience from his last trip.....) and we were two very satisfied fishos. On the way back in we landed one last fish (right in the harbour) which was given to the local boy who accompanied us on the boat.

If you havent been to Saaaamoa I highly recommend it. Great people. Great fishing. And way cheaper than many of the Pacific Islands.

Cheers

Duncs

PS - The luck must have had something to do with the charter guys because I caught pretty much a donut on the Hawkesbury last weekend.......... :1badmood:

post-8757-1263470860_thumb.jpg

post-8757-1263470881_thumb.jpg