Fishing With Roosterman

framedtrash

caught up with steve at 130am for a fish in the harbour

after getting some squid and yakkas we head outside

downrigged colours and i connected to a nice fish but loose it do a bad knot i tied bit later steves rod goes off sadly was only a rat

trolled some lures around north head steve pickups a little bonito

tried a spot of jiggin on a marker after we had seen some rats

i connect into one first thinking its a rat till it starts pulling 6kg of drag off my reel after a small fight i boat a 90cm king few min later into a small rat then 1 more bust off

thanks again steve for a top day was my first time fishing the harbour and i go home with a 90cm model and some new knowledge

cant wait to get back out there i need to get my 1+ meter model

76488828.jpg

Edited by Framedtrash

caught up with steve at 130am for a fish in the harbour

after getting some squid and yakkas we head outside

downrigged colours and i connected to a nice fish but loose it do a bad knot i tied bit later steves rod goes off sadly was only a rat

trolled some lures around north head steve pickups a little bonito

tried a spot of jiggin on a marker after we had seen some rats

i connect into one first thinking its a rat till it starts pulling 6kg of drag off my reel after a small fight i boat a 90cm king few min later into a small rat then 1 more bust off

thanks again steve for a top day was my first time fishing the harbour and i go home with a 90cm model and some new knowledge

cant wait to get back out there i need to get my 1+ meter model

Nice work pal.

Good to see the set up is working.

When you say jig, did you use knife jigs?

Edited by Gorms

yeh was a great day on the water

the first fish i connected too would of been close to the 1mtr mark

put a really nice bend in my 25kg jigg stick but the knot i tied was a rush job and didnt hold up

and Gorms i was using a blue 200gm Zest jigg

1a_zest_long1.jpg

the first fish i connected too would of been close to the 1mtr mark

put a really nice bend in my 25kg jigg stick but the knot i tied was a rush job and didnt hold up

Unlucky on that knot mate, I watched you through that battle, it definitely pulled hard.

I got dusted 5 times on Saturday, ended up landing 9. Majority of mine were caught on squid.

Nice work landing the 90cm model. I thought Steve was going to get you to swim back after the failed knot!! :074::074:

Edited by Kiwi Dan

haha if the same thing happened on my boat and we lost a fish to a bad knot i would of thrown them in the water steves too nice haha

congrats on landing 9 you did alot better then most ppl we saw out there

cant wait to get out there again got the big day out this weekend so wont be fishing this weekend so might have to take a RDO during the week

also got the first week of feb off so ill be out there again trying to crack that magic meter mark

It was a great day out even though it was very hard fish wise.

We covered alot of ground and mostly found rats like alot of others.

Very different to my last few trips that's for sure.

We got dusted a couple of times and that failed knot woulda easily been a mtre+ king & is always a bitter pill to swallow when gear failure is reason for losing a good fish.

Hopefully a hard but valuable lesson was learnt mate.

One of the reasons I use heavy duty sampo's is I can make leaders etc at home and redo as many times till I'm 100% happy and when on a hot bite it's only seconds to change rigs.

Congrats on the 90cm kingy.

I got a Bonnie out near bluefish and immediately bled/iced as I wanted to try it sashimi.

I no longer consider them baitfish. Yummo. Also smoked some.

Dan I thought about it but he's young an fit and didn't have enough juice to go out to the fads,luckily he redeamed himself with a nice kingy. :074:

was good to catch up on the water, have to get out soonfor a fish mate.

Cheers steve.

It was a great day out even though it was very hard fish wise.

We covered alot of ground and mostly found rats like alot of others.

Very different to my last few trips that's for sure.

We got dusted a couple of times and that failed knot woulda easily been a mtre+ king & is always a bitter pill to swallow when gear failure is reason for losing a good fish.

Hopefully a hard but valuable lesson was learnt mate.

One of the reasons I use heavy duty sampo's is I can make leaders etc at home and redo as many times till I'm 100% happy and when on a hot bite it's only seconds to change rigs.

Congrats on the 90cm kingy.

I got a Bonnie out near bluefish and immediately bled/iced as I wanted to try it sashimi.

I no longer consider them baitfish. Yummo. Also smoked some.

Dan I thought about it but he's young an fit and didn't have enough juice to go out to the fads,luckily he redeamed himself with a nice kingy. :074:

was good to catch up on the water, have to get out soonfor a fish mate.

Cheers steve.

haha i dont no about fit haha

that fish has been showing up in my nightmares ill be sure to check my knots and if its not 100% redo it

only takes 1min and saves alot of heartache

im always keen for a fish Steve name a time and a place and im ready to go