Nav Man ,any Comments?

REKLESS

Gidday all,

I have a friend who has just bit the bullet and has given an order for a brand new 560c Bar crusher.Anyway we were talking about options for electronics and I mentioned that it is quite usefull sometimes to have all electronics on board the same brand for ,warrantys ,compatabilitys etc.Anyway one of the packages that Blakes Marine do is a complete NAVMAN setup with a sounder( colour) and a chart plotter that integrates with there waterproof (nice) VHF.

Just wondering if anyone has any comments or observations about the gear.

Cheers

simon

The amount of negative stuff I have read about navman sounders is just too much for me to ever consider one coming close to my boat. Their vhf with dsc however sounds like a winner and coupled with one of their chartplotters and fuel management system could be the go, but I wouldn't touch their sounders.

Simon,

I have a Navman 4500 Colour Fishfinder and Navman 5500 Colour chartplotter with fuel computer in my boat and I'm very happy with both. :thumbup: Couple years old now and no probs at all. Also know a bloke who recently bought the 5600 and raves about it. Chartplotters are a nice luxury for sure. :1clap:

Herby

Okay,that is two for them and one definite against -what was the issue Bashir?,as I understand it just about all dual frequency sounders are pretty good these days and quite often the short comings if experienced are usually due to the secound most important bit,the positioning of the Transducer.

simon

I have read on fishnet and ausfish a lot of people having problems with their 4500's not sounding properly. Do a search there and have a read. I have no firsthand experience with them. There is a new lowrance colour sonder coming out the x107cdf, should be hear very soon, has 480x480 pixels :1yikes: , dual frequency, 500w etc.... for about $1000 much better value IMO. I'll be putting one in our boat.