Fishing In The Rain For 15min...

Juzza

Well, i finished uni at 11am from Newcastle and was driving down to sydney. 1/1/2 hours...during that time i had the urge to go fishing. I knew there was a storm coming...i just wondering if i could beat it and fish for a few hours.

Got home at about 1pm..unloaded everything and set off to narrabeen lakes. WELL! on the radio i hear...storm front and heavy showers approaching the northern beaches. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! i was about 30min away from home and almost there.

It starts sprinkling....and when i arrive its a drizzle. Parked and quickling ran out of the car, rigged a plastic...and walked out onto the water. And you know what, it starts to pour, and theres in lighting and thunder in the distance. :1badmood:

Anyway, 3rd cast, felt the taps and hooked onto something that fought like weed. It didnt seem to want to fight and i easily glided it towards me and slid it up onto the bank. It was a small flattie....was contemplating in keeping it and into the keeper net it went.

Had a few more casts...and i was well and truly drenched!

Back to home i went! with a 37cm flattie about to be cooked up in the oven now, at least i scored one dish for tonight. Bummer i couldnt fish for longer.

Justin :1fishing1:

Well done Justin on even getting a fish!! That storm has done horrific damage to a lot of areas, apparantly!!

CHeerio

Roberta

Been lovely here aaaalllll day (just a bit windy ..... almost cyclonic actually..... and yep, I was out yakking in it!!)

Hi Justin,

Dont know if you remember me but we had a fish for black fish one time when i was with Peter.

Anyways good going with the determination of the fishing. Just wondering where in narra lakes you caught the flatty? tried a few spots myself to turm up empty.

Cheers Nick