Welcome To New Look Fishraider And New Sponsors

Well here it is as promised. Our webmaster and admin have been working very hard over the last few months to bring you the new look fishraider. It is a nicely spruced up forum with some fresh ideas and new additions.

Fishraider is approaching 10,000 member status - membership has exploded. We have a repository of almost 1/4 of a million posts with fantastic information and shared experiences. It was time to give fishraider an overhaul to manage the massive information collection and member activity.

We have the pleasure of welcoming 3 new sponsors to our fishraider family.

REEF MAGIC FISHING CHARTERS and Captain Mike Clarkson, XTREME MOBILE MARINE and Ash McCann and SOUTHERN SYDNEY FISHING TOURS and Scotty Lyons. Please look at Word From Our Sponsors section or click on their rotating banners to go directly to their websites.

Some of the newer features on our new board include:

• high resolution image upload
  • auto image resizer
  • RSS feeds to all formats
  • iphone, ipod, ipad, windows mobile, blackberry compatible viewing on all these devices without having to change the viewing mode (straight to lo-fi)
  • FishTube - contact admin or webmaster for your content to be added
  • flash image upload (multiple images at once)
  • flash image viewer - scroll through all images in posts one after the other as a slideshow
  • members gallery upgrade
  • more control over your profile settings and functions
  • faster and more secure
  • total upgrade of platform with more features and functions than you can poke a fishing rod at

There is also a new forum area called Adopt A Learner - this is where you can take a member out fishing and teach them some new techniques. You will find this area above Desperate and Boatless.

To get the best experience it is recommended that members upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 or above and the most current version of Flash Player.

There will no doubt be teething issues and questions about site navigation by members. Please post any questions or issues into the new added section 2010 Upgrade Support found under Forum Tutorial. We ask all members to please assist where possible here. If you know the answer to a person's question please assist by adding an answer.

A very big thank you to everyone involved with this project. It has been a team effort with our fantastic webmaster, admin, mods and the testers that helped us.

Now it is ON WITH BUSINESS - start off by adjusting your profile and your settings, add your pics and avatar and enjoy your new fishraider forum

Donna, Stewy, Grant and the moderating team

How good is this!!!!!, Pics opening in a lightbox feature, Fishtube videos, new interface, easy to use and looks great. Well done Stu and Donna, you have added value to a great website that we all love!!!!!

....and the new sponsors!!!! wohooooooo!

Ok, im going to look some more.... im sure ill find something else.

:)

Congratulations Admin... what an amazing effort. I know how hard you were working while I was out fishing. Thank you for all the blood sweat and tears to get Fishraider looking amazing and working fantastically. Welcome to the new sponsors and thank you to all Fishraider's sponsors for being on board for the 'next chapter' in Fishraider.

Cheers, Slinky

Looks the goods guys...Not sure if it was just me in past but i used to get problems loading pages only on this site and i would need to restart my mac.

Been on 4 a while tonight and all sweet.

Response time on pages loading is better too.

Great effort Well done signing up new sponsors.

cheers

b

A very big thankyou to everyone involved in the project and a job well done.

Love the old site and love this one even more just need to encourage more angelers to join up now looks awsome and is easier to use and it was allredy preety easy to use you have managed to make something good into something terrific!!! now raiders lets load it up with some great catches to go with it :thumbup:

Regards,

Nathan

A great site now has a great look.

Good job.

Thank you all for your hard look, sometimes we forget to thank the people behind the scenes. From this member a sincere thank you for all the effort you guys put in this wonderful site.

Feral Fish

Edited by Feral Fish

Yaaay!! Looking good!! I've been trying to get on since late yesterday afternoon but my RURAL Broadband carks it many afternoons & most evenings at the most inconvenient time!! :1badmood::thumbdown:

Even this morning, I couldn't get on til mid morning! :ranting2:

After all that hard work, everything is up & running & LOOKING GOOD!!!

Well done Admin, Mods & Webmaster - difficult tho it was being offline for that long! :1yikes:

Cheerio

Roberta

• 2 weeks later...