Botany Bay Fishing

Penguin

Hi everyone,

I took my neighbour fishing in Botany bay today around the middle of the day as the weather was to

good to sit at home. I was also keen to try and turn some squid heads that I had caught last week

into some fish.

The bay was mostly dirty and full of leaf litter and debri due to recent rains.

We did however manage to find some fish. We found Bonnies at one of the red markers near the

container terminal, Moll pt had no fish at all for us, at the drums we tangled with a few small

rat Kings and some small Trevs, no keepers but still fun. We gave the 3rd runway a try, and we found

a couple of nice Flatties and trio of Trevs 30-40cm. Just as we were thinking of calling it a day, all

three rods buckle over, it was pandemonium as we only had two sets of hands on board, my neighbour

Jono is onto a King and so am I, I get mine to the boat, a king over 70cm in length, I try to net him

myself and I fail miserably, I only get him halfway into the net when he spits the hook. Jono loses his

along with his hook. The 3rd reel was still screaming and I reach for it and tighten the drag on it, and

I can feel that this fish is not happy I eventualy get him to the boat where Jono scoops him up in the net,

and drops him onto the deck, a nice fat 75cm Botany King caught on a Botany bay squid head.

We stayed around for another half hour but no more fish were caught.

Im having King fillets in lemon butter for lunch tomorrow, cant wait.

cheers.

Heres a couple of pics

post-1664-126623059201_thumb.jpg

post-1664-126623062922_thumb.jpg

post-1664-126623065584_thumb.jpg

Wow! Top result Penguin. Just as you were about to call it quits!

Shame about the 2 lost kings but that very nice 75cm model filled the void!

Mate, you always manage to find fish. Even in dirty water. :thumbup:

No peeled prawns today? :1yikes:

Cheers,

Grant.

sounds like a pretty good day on the bay.im yet to get a king in the bay this season[as im LB & havnt fishd the bay in a while.]hoprfully i get the oppitunity to go out in a boat in the bay soon, as all the kings iv caught in botany hav been on a boat.well done.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

Well done Lord of the Penguins!

You must be smiling again!

post-4381-126627524412_thumb.jpg

I knew those squid heads you got the other day would be converted into something good. Shame about the the two kings that got away, but you did well to get the third.

You scored a great feed there. Also, that flattie looks a decent size comparing it to the king. (about 60cm?) Well done!

Cheers

Peter

No peeled prawns today? :1yikes:

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi there Grant,

We had the ppp technique going as well, it acounted for the Trevs in the pic and a dozen

other smaller ones and a few rat Kings at the drums. The King and the Flatties took

a liking to the squid heads.

cheers

Well done Lord of the Penguins!

You must be smiling again!

post-4381-126627524412_thumb.jpg

I knew those squid heads you got the other day would be converted into something good. Shame about the the two kings that got away, but you did well to get the third.

You scored a great feed there. Also, that flattie looks a decent size comparing it to the king. (about 60cm?) Well done!

Cheers

Peter

Peter you have to stop posting them silly pics of me :biggrin2:

and yes that Flatty went a touch under 60cm.

cheers