Rosco's Stolen Yak In Forster Newspaper Article 17.2.10

arpie

Hi all

It is now 2 weeks since Ross's Hobie Outback Kayak was stolen from Tuncurry - still no word on where it is. :(

One of the Advocate's journalists contacted me last week to quizz me further on the theft (I'd emailed a Letter to the Editor with all the details previously) & they'd put a small notice of the theft in last weeks paper. So I was stoked that we could get even more publicity of the theft, even get a pic of the yak in the local paper. (Click on the Article to make it larger to read)

post-2231-126645556143_thumb.jpg

post-2231-126645563622_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Roberta

She also must have a bit of interest in fishing in general, as she then continued questioning me on MY fishing! Or maybe she heard the excitement in my voice as I described how 'topwater fishing' works. I had also mentioned the 'big bream' that I had caught with Tristan/Yakfisher late last year & she asked me to send a copy of it to her, and mentioned Fishraider as being the source of fishing skills! :D She said she would like to do an article sometime in the future on me!! :1yikes:

So i was quite surprised when I opened the paper yesterday & found a writeup on me as well!!

post-2231-126645705281_thumb.jpg

Get out there & give Topwater luring a go!! It is more fun than sps, I reckon!!

Cheerio

Roberat

Edited by Roberta

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That's great Roberta!

That article about you Roberta is well deserved. You're a great ambassador for yakking and fishing. Not only that, you always go out of your way to help others.

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

Well done Roberta for getting some exposure about yr mates missing yak.

You really are an angel and always go the extra mile to help out.

Karma is good and that article is thoroughly deserved.

Congrats.

Cheers... Steve...

Ps: hope someone recognises the yak and it's reunited with Ross again

Many thanks for the kind comments guys. Unfortunately, no word on its recovery ..... yet.

I figured that if it was in the paper again (with more details than any other time) that it SHOULD make it more difficult for it to be sold in the Forster/Tuncurry/Great Lakes area - and with the pic in the paper too, with all the eyes we have 'looking out for it' up & down the coast (and even inland too!) we have a good chance of spotting it if/when it does surface somewehere.

.....u may end up writing the local fishing reports soon! ..... :074: :074: I don't think so!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Luderick59/Peter is up with some friends for a week, so I hope to get him out in the lake to chase some blackies & get him into Bream on pencils, too!!! :D :D