King Fishing

R_Zee

Hi guys,

I had a tiring week at work last week, late hours until past midnight every day.. by Friday mid day i was dying to get out for a fish. I knew there were some big fish lurking.

I went home for lunch, looked around and i said to myself stuff going back to work i'm going fishing!

Hit the water around 3, back home by 6 as i knew i had a big weekend ahead of me.. managed one fish over the meter mark and a couple around 80-90cm.

I had a chat to Kelvin on the way home, he couldn't come out the next day and he reminded me how he got dusted several times days before.

We have recently started fishing 80lb braid.. 50 has not been enough! he gave me a tip on where the bigger fish have been biting as i had not fished for a couple of weeks.

I took my uncle out and managed to pick up half a dozen solid fish, the biggest went 113.5cm on the brag mat.. a new personal best for me :)

The fish fought extremely well, but i was lucky enough to land it.. i think it only took a couple of minutes to land fishing very heavy drag.

Fished on Sunday with Ophet for nothing but rats.. and a tsunami warning :)

I can say i am really looking forward to Fiji.. i think it's time to hit the gym!

See you on the water.. Tony

post-2217-126751540316_thumb.jpg

post-2217-126751542451_thumb.jpg

post-2217-126751704884_thumb.jpg

Edited by R_Zee

.........We have recently started fishing 80lb braid.. 50 has not been enough! he gave me a tip on where the bigger fish have been biting as i had not fished for a couple of weeks.

.......I took my uncle out and managed to pick up half a dozen solid fish, the biggest went 113.5cm on the brag mat.. a new personal best for me :)

The fish fought extremely well, but i was lucky enough to land it.. i think it only took a couple of minutes to land fishing very heavy drag.

That's a serious Kingfish you've got hold of in the middle photo Tony. You certainly gave that one heaps :thumbup: It's not surprising how many serious king fishermen finish up going up to 80lb and then decide to use a lighter, sportier rod with it too. Which 80lb braid did you decide to go up to Tony, what rod and reel did you use mate and what are their line ratings?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Quality king mate... Congratz... That has definitley got to be one of the biggest kings I have ever seen... Where did you manage to hook this monster... Congratz again...

Cheers SquidKing Combo