Knots

fishergirl

hi guys wanting to know what is the best way to join 40-60pound braid to 80-120pound leader or what the knots are called for doing this

Thanx

Ange

Hi fishergirl. Try a variation of this blood knot Ange by making a double loop in the braid and also in the mono so as to pull as a sling against a sling but have a tiny piece of trimmed deep sea tubing where the braid tightens into the mono. Pull each side in tight and the tags will be following the direction of the line. This is a knot that I was going to experiment with at one stage to see how it runs thru the rod guides but haven't got to arround to it yet. See if you think this knot is going to work well for what you want or not, as it is still a knotless knot where the tighter the line is pulled on the tighter the wraps are going to clinch the tags in.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I saw a knot called the GT the other day.

I haven’t tried it myself yet but if it is used on big bruising Giant Trevally it must be all right.

I’m even thinking of using it on my bream/whiting gear.

i never use albrights with braid especially with fluro leader, i have had way too many slip or snap. there are alot better knots out there, recently been using this, easy to tie and have had locked drags with 50lb braid and 80-120lb leader and no problems. also goes through the guides nicely