Ray And Hutcho Out On The Hunt

Ray R

Hi Raiders, Hutcho and I set out this morning in his beaut little boat, we went to West Head and gathered some yakkas,

then around the corner for a squid or two. With bait and a downrigger we thought we would give pittwater a go, so we

rigged up the big rod with a squid and downrigged him and trolled around for 40 mins or so, didn't get a sniff and the

wind was starting to howl.

Okay so what now, Patonga I say so up comes the rigger, bolt everything down and we zoom over to Patonga for a flattie

flick, more wind there too, we have a few flicks but we couldn't hold the drift due to wind. Bugger this wind let's go

to Lobster Beach, so well belt accross Broken Bay smashing through the chop and finally land in some relatively calm

water. We berley up with some old pillies and bonito bits and find a few critters feeding in the trail, we pick up some

under and oversize bream and a couple of nice flatties, Hutch had a small reddie on for a short time before the poor

little bugger got ko'd by something larger, didn't see what got him maybe a flattie.

Anyway that was our morning, great to out except for the wind and I snapped a few pics for readers enjoyment as well.. :thumbup:

Poor little reddie

post-3371-126794097246_thumb.jpg

Lobster

post-3371-126794099834_thumb.jpg

Lobster

post-3371-126794103248_thumb.jpg

Captain Hutcho nice and relaxed

post-3371-126794106242_thumb.jpg

Looking back to Broken Bay

post-3371-126794113019_thumb.jpg

The catch

post-3371-126794115997_thumb.jpg

Flattie detures

post-3371-126794118152_thumb.jpg

What a top looking bloke

post-3371-126794121582_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ray R

Good work blokes,

You certainly know how to pick the weather :thumbdown: ,but i looks like you had a blast anyway.

Ray,re;picture 1, i have had the same thing happen (especialy with small to tiny reds),and it turned out to be o/s squid,so maybe next time you could keep him in the water a bit longer and see what happens.

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile: