1St Jewfish

Hey guys well after 2 cancelled fishing trips due to bad weather and 2 flat batteries finally got to get out and try for a jewfish...been trying for one for about 15 yrs ever since i was a little fella watching my nan pull school jew after school jew out from under the railway bridge while all i could manage was catfish...so got to jerusalem bay around 6:15am and we had the first squid bait in the water not long after that in about 9m of water..after bout 20mins i looked at my other rod and thought might chuck a prawn on there as there were few little fish showing up on the sounder....just put that rod back in the holder then Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...went for a little run then up came my 1st jew..just legal at 48cm but i will take that.....now i got the jew bug even more now....

post-11779-126795447307_thumb.jpg

sometimes it takes years for all the pieces of the puzzle to come together but with each trip that you have success the puzzle comes together faster! keep at it mate and you will start catching them on a regular basis - if you want proof of that ask twin1 and lumpookey!!!

congratulations and hope you get another real soon.

pete