Stolen Outboard Cover 50Hp Mercury

JET01

I bought my boat on wednesday... This morning I woke up to go and fish the oyster leases... No outboard cover... No fishing for me for a while.

Police report's been filed. New at this so not sure what a new one's worth. Lining up secure storage in the morning.

:1badmood::ranting2:

As the title would suggest. It's a 2008 50hp 2 Stroke Mercury. Last seen at 1030pm 8/3/10 129 Gerrale St.

If anyone knows where i can get a cheap secondhand cover please contact me soon. I'm supposed to be taking my Dad fishing on Sunday and my boat purchase was going to be a big surprise for him. I'd really like to be able to get a new cover before then. He's been working really hard lately and needs some time off.

:thumbdown::beersmile::(:05:

Edited by JET01

Hi, not does suck and you can still use an outboard without a cover. I think I have a good second hand one here so PM me if interested. A new cover from any brand is very expensive and for your 50HP Merc you would be looking at about $900 plus a decal set.

Cheers,

Huey.

$900????

Why in the hell is everything to do with boats so expensive here in oz???

For example...a relay i bought the other day was $30..where in the US its a little over $10..

Why...oh why....did i take up this sport????

Huey's spot on with his figures (expert advice as we've come to expect). I was just as flabbergasted as you Pinta. I called my local Mercury dealer and when he said $900 plus GST, then 120 odd for decals, i almost spewed on the spot. 120 bucks for some F'ing stickers... gimme a break. Not to mention the cowling price, they really do have us over a barrel.

The boat's now in secure storage, and i'm looking at moving so i can accommodate my boat. If you've ever lived in Kurnell, PM me and let me know what you think.

Thanks for your offer Huey i'll definitely be in touch as the only other spare i've been able to find is off a Mariner and i don't really want to have to go through the hassle and expense of dealing with painting and getting decals. Trying to keep the replacement price under the insurance excess of $500.