Bream & Flathead.

J.J

Hi everyone.

Dad's typing this for me because I'm too little.

Dad took me fishing out the back on Saturday. I wanted to use plastics but dad said that bait would be better because the water is very brown & he didn't get a bite in the boat on Friday.

I used leftover strips of cooked prawns that dad kept for me when he was taking out the veins of the prawns for Fridays dinner.

I caught 7 bream & 2 flathead. The fish weren't very big but it was fun. I let them all go after giving them a kiss. They didn't taste very nice but I like kissing them goodbye.

Dad got spiked by a flathead again. I don't get spiked because I know how to pick them up.

I also caught an eel & I grabbed it & my hands got covered in slime. YUK! I won't do that again.

I've learnt how to put the bait on the hook now so I can fish all by myself.

Cya everyone!

J.J

post-12787-12680024798_thumb.jpg

post-12787-12680024858_thumb.jpg

Well done JJ and thanks for showing dad how to catch fish in the river as he needs all the help he can get.

I cant wait to come up again and have a fish with you :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Great report JJ! :thumbup: It sounds like you've had a good day with your dad! However, you'll have to teach him how to pick up flathead. They sure can hurt.

You sure caught a lot of fish, so well done!

Looking forward to your next report.

Cheers

Peter

well done on getting into some fish champ. :thumbup: wish i could fish in my backyard.if i lived on the water,id be fishing 24/7.

& dad,your not the only one to get outfished by the young bloke,my 6yr old son always outfishes me when i take him along.but who cares,as long as theyr having fun,we'r happy. :thumbup:

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

Well done little mate! :thumbup:

You did a great job on not striking & letting the fish hook themselves.

You did better than I have been lately as well! :wacko:

It always amazes me that you have to pick up & let go every fish you catch & NEVER get spiked.

The look on your face when that eel slimed you was priceless. Way too funny! :074:

I really don't mind when you catch more fish than me. It's not hard! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Dad.

Woo hoo! :yahoo: Good on you, JJ! That's a lot of fish you caught. :1yikes: You had better teach Dad your fish-handling secrets so he doesn't get spiked any more. Aren't those eels slippery little devils? Yuk! Keep up the great work mate!

Cheers

Hodgey

Nice stuff JJ

jewhunter please make sure JJ starts his own gallery. He can look at this as he grows older :)

Good onya JJ - you have the makings of a top fisherman.

Here's the plan :

1. Do your schoolwork and get good grades

2. Grow up and get a high-paying job.

3. Buy yourself a HUGE boat and catch all the fish.

4. Get your dad to do all the de-hooking for you - that's what deckies are for !

Well done mate - keep those reports coming !

Tony

I caught 7 bream & 2 flathead. The fish weren't very big but it was fun. I let them all go after giving them a kiss. They didn't taste very nice but I like kissing them goodbye.

Dad got spiked by a flathead again. I don't get spiked because I know how to pick them up.

I also caught an eel & I grabbed it & my hands got covered in slime. YUK! I won't do that again.

I've learnt how to put the bait on the hook now so I can fish all by myself.

Cya everyone!

J.J

Well done mate , what a great catch of fish :thumbup: , im sure dad will be lending you his boat in no time ! :biggrin2:

Sounds like you and dad are catching quite a few fish and it sounds like I might have to come up myself and learn how to hold a fish properly from you . Last week a flatty spiked me in the finger and I still havn't got it out yet pretty sore and it's not real pretty to look at. Hopefully I will come up around October for the Grand final and get to catch up with yyou then. Hopefully I can get enough time off then or near x-mas so I can bring my boat up to take you out for a fish in HELLBOY :ranting2: , will have to wait and see.

Hope to see more reports from you in the future it was great to see what you have been catching and I look forward to your next post mate ,Tight Lines

Bubba

well Done JJ you are probably doing better than most fisherman at the moment me included!!!!

I cant wait to get my daughter fishing with me but she is only 1 maybe wait a few more years and ill get out fished by her

I look forward to seeing your future posts and when your dad sets up a gallery you will be able to look back at everything you have done...

Well Done Little Man and keep them coming!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Well done JJ - sounds like you had terrific fun catching heaps of fish! Glad to hear you didn't get spiked by the flathead! They sure hurt! Don't you hate slimey eels? I picked on up once, now I just cut the hook off & let them drop back into the water & don't even touch them!

Looking forward to reading more fishing reports soon!

Cheerio

Roberta