Surface lures

NW Pencil

Zappa 55

Bushy Stiffy Popper

Surecatch Popper

Blades

TT

Strike Pro

Colors will depend on water clarity, light level and depth. This is some that I use:

post-3198-126826532057_thumb.jpg

You could probably come up with 10 lures for each category, but I reckon if you had an assortment of each you'll be well on the way :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

Being a bait fishermen nothing else on earth except 10 little Gillies no7's. Wait till I find some smartie smiles lol, here they are now ;):biggrin2:

:action-smiley-073::thumbup:

No doubt you'll have heaps of replies here keen as mustard and the results will be very informative.

Apart from the Gillies no7 which are hardbodies that look like little silver beatles full of iron and calcium, if you want to catch heaps of overweight bream take a look at the rubberised residue that you can easily scrape off if you leave 1/3 of a bottle of gaviscon out in the sun for a few days with the lid off.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hard bodies

Jackall Chubbies

Smiling Jacks

Plastics

2 & 3" Berkley Hawgs

Gulp Shrimp

Surface lures

LuckyCraft Sammy 65

Luckycraft Bevy Pencil

Zappa 55

Bushy Stiffy Popper

Surecatch Popper

Gladiater tiny poppers

In the hard lures, anything with yellow on them usually works, or a greyish mullet pattern in the luckycraft. I have more success on the pencils just now - will see if they still take them with winter coming on us!!!

Cheers

Roberta

Thanks Guys,

Your information is ideal for me, Im gonna be fishing mostly landbased for the time being. Do you have to change up your tactics much eg, lure action and retrieve?

What types of areas should I be fishing?

I am planning a roadtrip with my GF and she wont go rockfishing with me (smart girl), I am planning to drive from Sydney to Cairns over 15 days, I have been placed in a new job up there. So im wanting to use some bream techniques to target some species up in Cairns to.

Any info would be awsome.

Cheers

Hi Keen As

Feel free to pm me if you plan on stopping at Forster - I can show you the 'top water' pencil method that should work in any 'flats & shallows' that you fish along the way (& great on bass too!)

There are some great lures out there - Hawk have just put out a clear 'sammy lookalike' that works well & is 1/3 of the price of the Sammys (but I DO still like my sammys)!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Do you have to change up your tactics much eg, lure action and retrieve?

Keen as,you've pretty well answered your own question there. All of he lures mentioned will work on their day. We always go back to the ones we're confident in, and we're usually confident in them because they caught us fish on any particular day.

Change it up! Lure type, size, action, colour, retrieve... until you work out what they want. That's the fun and sometimes frustrating part.

Cheers, Greg

Hard bodies

SX40

Smilin' Jack

Plastics

2" Bulky Hawgs

2" - 3" Power Minnows

Surface lures

NW Pencil

Zappa 55

Bushy Stiffy Popper

Surecatch Popper

Blades

TT

Strike Pro

Colors will depend on water clarity, light level and depth. This is some that I use:

post-3198-126826532057_thumb.jpg

You could probably come up with 10 lures for each category, but I reckon if you had an assortment of each you'll be well on the way :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

Hodgey,

You were pretty quick to dazzle with the ulyimate lure connection! I am still lamenting the lure you sent me that is Jew bling and I will report the result of the next outing!